Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Problems With Ntagent.exe

Options

A file in my system32 folder keeps being removed by my copy of bitdefender. I have accumulated around 20 copys of the file in my quarantine folder and bitdefender finds no other viruses or infections on my computer.

I have uploaded the file via bitdefender itself, and i do not notice the file until bit defender catches it and moves it to quarantine. Is this file a false positive or is there something i can do to stop this?

Comments

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited September 2008
    Options

Download Malwarebytes' Anti-malware from here:

http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php

Once the download is complete, run the install program, and accept all of the default options. Make sure that the options to Update and Launch the software is checked when you click Finish.

Now, let's make sure that it has all of the latest anti-spyware definitions: click on the Update tab and click the Check for Updates button.

malwarebytes1.png

After the updates have been loaded, click on the Scanner tab and choose the Perform Complete Scan option, then click the Scan button.

a5163075fd548685aa01c10a88346d17.png

When the scan is complete, it will show you all of the potentially harmful files on your computer - click the button to remove them automatically.

Paste the scan log here. :)

• Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.28

Database version: 1193

Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3

9/22/2008 1:09:16 PM

mbam-log-2008-09-22 (13-09-16).txt

Scan type: Full Scan (C:\|)

Objects scanned: 160917

Time elapsed: 2 hour(s), 16 minute(s), 40 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0

Memory Modules Infected: 0

Registry Keys Infected: 0

Registry Values Infected: 0

Registry Data Items Infected: 0

Folders Infected: 0

Files Infected: 0

Memory Processes Infected:

(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:

• Sm3K3R
    Options
    A file in my system32 folder keeps being removed by my copy of bitdefender. I have accumulated around 20 copys of the file in my quarantine folder and bitdefender finds no other viruses or infections on my computer.

I have uploaded the file via bitdefender itself, and i do not notice the file until bit defender catches it and moves it to quarantine. Is this file a false positive or is there something i can do to stop this?

You can do a very simple thing, put the file that gets quarantined in an archive with pass "infected" (without the ").So turn off real time protection ,navigate to the file archive it and atach it to this thread to be analyzed.

BD reacts fast to false positives and in no more than 4-8 hours detection will be removed if its a false positive.

• I'm having the same problem.

There are posts saying this has something to do with LoJack for Laptops. I do have this installed but it has been running for almost a year with no problems. I suspect a new definition from BD that picks this up as a False Positive but don't know for sure. I would just like to get rid of it.

Please

thank you

• I'm having the same problem.

There are posts saying this has something to do with LoJack for Laptops. I do have this installed but it has been running for almost a year with no problems. I suspect a new definition from BD that picks this up as a False Positive but don't know for sure. I would just like to get rid of it.

Please

thank you

Have the same problem spamming me every 15 minutes or more. Done full scans with all sorts of software, BD is only thing finding and complaining about this. I am so tempted to turn it off, but afraid something real might get through. It's DRIVING ME CRAZY.

• Have the same problem spamming me every 15 minutes or more. Done full scans with all sorts of software, BD is only thing finding and complaining about this. I am so tempted to turn it off, but afraid something real might get through. It's DRIVING ME CRAZY.

I removed LoJackforLaptops and the problem seems to have abated. If it holds then its an incompatibility between that software and one of the latest updates from BD as that laptop has been running with BD for some time. We need to find out how to file a False Positive. I don't see anything on how to do it but I don't have all day to look for it.

• I removed LoJackforLaptops and the problem seems to have abated. If it holds then its an incompatibility between that software and one of the latest updates from BD as that laptop has been running with BD for some time. We need to find out how to file a False Positive. I don't see anything on how to do it but I don't have all day to look for it.

I'm also experiencing this issue. Can a BD rep please address this!?

• A file in my system32 folder keeps being removed by my copy of bitdefender. I have accumulated around 20 copys of the file in my quarantine folder and bitdefender finds no other viruses or infections on my computer.

I have the same problem. I have LoJack for Laptops as well. It seems that I am experiencing the same problem as most people in this thread are experiencing. Help!

• I removed LoJackforLaptops and the problem seems to have abated. If it holds then its an incompatibility between that software and one of the latest updates from BD as that laptop has been running with BD for some time. We need to find out how to file a False Positive. I don't see anything on how to do it but I don't have all day to look for it.

Is this happening on laptops only? Mine used to have lojack installed, but the drive has been reformatted since then and the OS replaced. There shouldn't be any trace of lojack on it, plus mine would of ran out months ago.

• Yeah i had lojack on my last install but it got messed up so i wiped the entire computer and never reinstalled lo jack.

• csalgau
    Options

We are sorry for any inconveniences.

False positive has been removed and should no longer be detected after the next update.

Thank you for reporting.

• yeah, Same thing with folder lock. This strange sccfg.sys file keeps reapearing in my C folder. turns out to be a false possitive

• csalgau
    Options

Please upload the file or at least provide the detection name in a new thread. Thank you.

• actually, its not recognized anymore. Some must have already uploaded the file.

STRANGELY the company says that the sccfg.sys file is NOT related to their product folder lock, but everyone who has folderlock, got the wierd system file.

But no worries. it doesn't seem to do anything

• sorry for double posting but, shouldn't we expect bitdefender to NOT depend on other AV's?