Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

System Unresponsive after BD TS Update

Options

So my BD Total Security updated this morning and afterwards requested a reboot. After rebooting my system became unresponsive. I finally had to uninstall BD TS and now my system is back to running normally. This is the second system I've uninstalled BD TS from due to performance issues. It doesn't do any good to have high rated malware detection if it makes your system unusable.

Comments

• I updated a second system and it too became unresponsive. I'll leave BD TS on that system for the time being.

BD 090719-1.png

• Here's another issue. This screenshot was taken on August 20th. Notice the last update was on August 14, six days earlier (I don't always boot all my computers every day, sometimes it's several days in between). Notice that 39 minutes later BD TS had not auto updated itself even though the malware definitions are 6 days old. But BD managed to discover there is an update for Firefox but doesn't realize it's six days out of date itself.  (Auto Update is Selected ON). This is a BUG. I have reported this before but the condition still exists.

Imagine someone goes on vacation for six days, comes back and gets right to work. Bitdefender Total Security is 6 Days out of date so that person is working with malware definitions that are almost a week old.   This is not Total Security. Certainly that's painfully obvious ? Windows 10 Pro 64 bit.

BD 082019-3.png

• Roxana G
    Options

Hello,

Please let us know what build version of Bitdefender you have installed.

• Here you go. That system has still not auto updated this morning after 30 minutes.

BD 091019-1.png

BD 091019-2.png

• I notice the last product update was 06-06-19 even though the engine update is 09-07-19. Why would the product not update since then if it's been manually updated many many times since then ? The product version of the other system I still have BD TS installed on shows a product update of 09-06-19.

• Ok I think I see what's happening. The auto update is set to 1 Hour (Auto Update and Silent Update are both Ticked ON). That system auto updated an hour after booting but it still has the same 06-06-09 product date. . So if I were to have used that system to surf the net or download files I would have had 3 day old definitions for an hour and would not be protected from zero day exploits.

BD 091019-3.png

• Roxana G
    Options

10 minutes ago, MarcHoppe said:

Ok I think I see what's happening. The auto update is set to 1 Hour (Auto Update and Silent Update are both Ticked ON). That system auto updated an hour after booting but it still has the same 06-06-09 product date. . So if I were to have used that system to surf the net or download files I would have had 3 day old definitions for an hour and would not be protected from zero day exploits.

BD 091019-3.png

Hello,

Please install Bitdefender 2020 and check if you have any issue with the latest build: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/28558/

• So BD TS 2019 is buggy ?  Ok I'll go through the steps to install 2020. I had nothing better to do today.