Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bd Av Plus10 Detects Trojan Dropper Rzl - False?

Options

Attachment contains file where BD AV plus10 states it contains Trojan.Dropper.RZL

I do think it's a False Positive but i'm not an expert, so please check as it's important to us as we're going to release the SW containing it soon ;-)

/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=3264" data-fileid="3264" rel="">stats.rar

Comments

• yep, that Virustotal check i did before posting here...but the fun is that every Scanner that is mentioned detecting something isn't giving any acurate information what malware it is and what it does or is supposed to do - even BitDefender/Softwin doesn't. So if you don't mind give me a short explanation of what this Malware is/does, please...

I did also check with some other Scanners (btw. those that don't say Malware at Virustotal like GData, Kapersky).

Also stripping the overhead (1k) of file makes it a "no Malware" by all scanners ;-)

Nonetheless the problem is solved by making a new version...

• yep, that Virustotal check i did before posting here...but the fun is that every Scanner that is mentioned detecting something isn't giving any acurate information what malware it is and what it does or is supposed to do - even BitDefender/Softwin doesn't. So if you don't mind give me a short explanation of what this Malware is/does, please...

I did also check with some other Scanners (btw. those that don't say Malware at Virustotal like GData, Kapersky).

Also stripping the overhead (1k) of file makes it a "no Malware" by all scanners ;-)

Nonetheless the problem is solved by making a new version...

well first you want to find out what KIND of malware it is. Then, go to threatexpert.com and search that particular virus.

• well first you want to find out what KIND of malware it is. Then, go to threatexpert.com and search that particular virus.

Sorry for answering late. I know what kind of Malware a Trojan.Dropper is, i've been at threatexpert and also at each scanner page which showed result at virustotal. They all just give the general answer i already knew, but not in particular.

Thinks it's my fault overestimating the function of this thread thinking in posting it here as a Bitdefender Customer it would be looked into the file by the Devs and they would tell me what makes it detected as Malware especially as Trojan.Dropper.RZL.

Sorry for that - but good to know when doing future decisions

• csalgau
    Options

Dear sir

We are sorry for any inconvenience.

The problem will be addressed soon.

Thank you

• Nice to hear! Thank you