Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Trojan.agent.akdk - What Is It?

Options

My Bitdefender 2008 has picked up the following malware:

Trojan.Agent.AKDK in file 'imgtask.exe' in C:\Windows. The program was loading at startup. I

The problem I have is:

1. I can find no information about this file on Google.

2. The virus or Trojan isn't listed on Bitdefenders Virus Definitions file, so I have no idea what kind of damage it is meant to be doing/have done.

I'm trying to find out whether this is a false positive. I have a feeling the file is related to drive imaging or something similar, but cannot find out any more information. The file is in quarantine, and I don't want to delete it just yet, before I can assess whether it's a problem or not.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Rgds

David

Comments

• rootkit
    Options

Please upload the file(s) in an archive, protected with the password infected.

Attach the archive in your next post here.

• Please upload the file(s) in an archive, protected with the password infected.

Attach the archive in your next post here.

How do I upload a quarantined file? Where on my machine does Bitdefender put quarantined files? If I try to restore the file, Bitdefender immediately isolates it again and puts it in quarantine. It's the only file in my quarantine by the way.

Thanks

David

• well i use 2009 total and you should notice the "SEND" button under the quarantine window. :)

• csalgau
    Options

The easiest way to access those files is to restore them to disable BitDefender's realtime protection, restore the files from quarantine to a folder on your drive, compress and password the files then reenable realtime protection.