Device At Risk during Install Protection.

Bob_G
Bob_G
edited February 2022 in Install & Updates

After installing BD I get a At Risk Message: "Overview

At risk

DEVICE DETAILS

MAC ADDRESS: 68:A3:C4:B0:B3:E3

DEVICE TYPE: COMPUTER

VENDOR: LITEON TECHNOLOGY CORPORATION"

What does this mean and how should I proceed? Looks like I have one option and that is to remove it but the option says BD will only bypass the device. Does this mean whatever this device is it could still infect my computer? Any assistance would be appreciated. Tks.

Best Answer

Answers

• Hello Bob_G,

First we should check if this is only a synchronization error with Central. Please remove the device from your Bitdefender Central account, then, on the affected computer sign out and back into your account:

- Open Bitdefender

- Click on My Account

- Click on 'Switch Account' on the top right of the screen, and enter your Bitdefender Central credentials (e-mail and password)

If the issue persists, let me know if the installed program also reports that your device is at risk, or if this is reported only in Central. If the error is only reported in Central, it is most likely a visual glitch.

Let me know how everything goes!

• Hi Alex D,

I got as far as deleting the device from BD Central. When I tried to get into My Account I discovered that I didn't have one. I have spent the last 3+ hours trying to create one. I will try again in a few hours with some fresh eyes.

Thanks, Bob G.

• Hi Alex D.

I tried the install again and got the same At Risk message in BD Central. When I remove it, I don't see my device at all on BD Central.

Thanks, Bob G.

• Thank you Flex. It took three times to finally get it right, all my doing. The instructions and links worked as designed giving me more and more confidence as I followed them. Looking forward to using this product knowing the "community" is available if something happens.

Thanks Again,

Bob G

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

Good to know your issue has been resolved.

Regards

Flex

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)