PLEASE HELP: BITDEFENDER "DEFAULT APPLICATION BEHAVIOR" - NOT WORKING???

BarocheBaroche
edited May 2020 in Firewall

Hello, Thanks for any help

I am using Bitdefender Total Security 2020 and under PROTECTION> FIREWALL>SETTINGS

There is a "Settings" tab that allows the user to define Bitdefender "Default Application Behavior".

I have enabled "Alert Mode" and set "Default Application Behavior" to "Block".

My problem is that Bitdefender blocks my Chrome browser from accessing the internet even though I have a defined rule that enables Chrome to access the internet.

Question? - Why is my rule for Chrome NOT allowing Chrome Internet access? Under my enabled rule:

NETWORK is set to "Any Network"

PROTOCOL, PORTS & IP are set to "Any"

TRAFFIC is set to "Both"

Comments

• BarocheBaroche
    edited May 2020

This one has been solved. I had to "reset rules" in Firewall and then create a new rule permitting Chrome access to Internet. So now it is working with Default Behavior set to "Blocked".

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.