How Does One Get Support?

I am wondering how one gets support for Bit Defender.

I tried using their contact form but it keeps giving the following error repeatedly 'You have entered an incorrect verification code! Please try again' I tried around 20 times but no go. I tried sending an email to support@bitdefender.com and no reply as yet.

--

My issue is that I wanted to purchase the 3 User License. When I tried day before yesterday, the cart kept giving me the 1 user license option no regardless of whether I chose 1, 3 or 5 user license.

I thought may be I had to buy the basic program and will get the option to purchase additional computer licenses once I registered. I purchased the 1 computer license, registered it but have not found any option to add licenses.

I really want to know how I can add a license or I would like a refund. Although how does one get any service with the contact form not working and no one responding via email.

--

I am using BD 2009

A couple of issues I am facing with the program are:

*There are times it just stops and goes grey in the task bar. However, there is no pop-up or notification of this. It just sits there until you notice. So apparently I am out of a firewall and anti virus services for God knows how long.

*I turned off game mode and it still keeps going into game mode in full screen. Not to mention the fact that it never gets out of that mode until I do so manually.

--

I am seriously reconsidering my decision to purchase. I was using McAfee before and it at least never shut down on me leaving me totally unprotected.

Comments

• Hi mate,

if you haven't parted with your money, I'd suggest having a read of some of the posts like mine under the specific product

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=8249

I had similar problems as well as more serious issues and got very poor support. I am going back to Norton and have also had good sucess with McAfee. bitdefender has some good points but very poor support from what I''ve seen and looks like it needs more testint b4 rollout.

Not here to ###### about the product but I still have not heard back from support.

Good luck!

Peter

• Hi mate,

if you haven't parted with your money, I'd suggest having a read of some of the posts like mine under the specific product

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=8249

I had similar problems as well as more serious issues and got very poor support. I am going back to Norton and have also had good sucess with McAfee. bitdefender has some good points but very poor support from what I''ve seen and looks like it needs more testint b4 rollout.

Not here to ###### about the product but I still have not heard back from support.

Good luck!

Peter

I have unfortunately parted with my money.

Apparently the 30 day money back guarantee is of no use either if you can't get in touch with them.

• Hello Erun,

This is only a user forum where every moderator are just volunteers (normal users). Only some super moderators work for BitDefender. There aren't any real support people active here.

The icon that sometimes is gray is when program parts are being replaced when there is a product update or BitDefender services doesn't respond anymore you have to wait or reboot your pc.

You need a ticket-id otherwise you will not receive a reply. To obtain a ticket id you first need to contact live assistance which you can find here. Select customer care or technical support. For the license questions you should select customer care.

Or you need to contact support by logging in on your account. You will get back to the home page of BitDefender press on my page,support and ask your question.

Kind regards,

Niels

• Niels, Thank you so much for the link to the live support.

The guy told me he will send me some diagnostic tools in 10 minutes and my license query will be answered within 24 hours. Let's see.

I get what you are saying about the product update but there should be a more visible warning plus a pop-up asking you to restart as soon as the update is finished so you are not left without protection. I do hope someone at BD does read these forums as I find this to be a major glitch and I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks that.