Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Infected Again!

Options

2 weeks after ridding my IE7 of this very same virus it shows up in FireFox 3.0.2. I was doing research via Google on how to bury CATV cable and BLAM there it was. Unwanted window pops up and tells me that my machine is running slow and I need to download the 'new' antivirus program for windows Vista.

Object name was '829C0B82d01'. It was in my FireFox cache. I don't understand why BD didn't detect it when it got downloaded. Shouldn't that have happened?

Immediately ran a 'Full Scan' that found and moved 'Adware.FakeAntiVirus.L' to quarantine. File was sent to where ever 'sent' files go. I still have this file, should I send it anywhere else?

Bob Helms

Comments

• rootkit
    Options

Please upload the file(s) in an archive, protected with the password infected.

Attach the archive in your next post here.

• Sm3K3R
    Options

David G ,calm down ,no need to insult admins here.Keep your language at a "clean" level.

• Please upload the file(s) in an archive, protected with the password infected.

Attach the archive in your next post here.

Hi crysty2k5,

Can you please point me to a post that gives instructions on how to perform the upload as you've requested as I've not done one before. Thanks.

• Hello BHelms,

Please read this: Virus Submission

All instructions about how to make password-protected archives are wrote there. To upload the file to your post click Add reply, write your message and a little below you'll find the Attachments section. Click Browse, search for the archive you've created, click Open and then UPLOAD. Wait a few moments until the file is uploaded, and click Add reply.

David G: Welcome back from your break. Have you had a good time? Because I see that you're back with fresh powers to insult everybody around here. Or maybe you need a new, longer break?

Cris.

• You are right about one thing: I'm just a simple user, like everyone else around here. That's no secret, and it's not a big discovery from you.

But you are wrong about the rest: I'm not following anyone's instructions. What I say are my own opinions, judged by my own head. Why I'm a moderator on this forum is not something that I feel I should explain to you (obviously, you couldn't care less), but my "job" (as a volunteer) around here is to keep the forum clean and organized and to help whenever and however I can.

Consider this your second warning today. Keep it up, and you'll be given another vacation, for your perseverance.

End off-topic. Other off-topic replies in this topic will be removed without notice

Cris.

• Hello BHelms,

Please read this: Virus Submission

All instructions about how to make password-protected archives are wrote there. To upload the file to your post click Add reply, write your message and a little below you'll find the Attachments section. Click Browse, search for the archive you've created, click Open and then UPLOAD. Wait a few moments until the file is uploaded, and click Add reply.

David G: Welcome back from your break. Have you had a good time? Because I see that you're back with fresh powers to insult everybody around here. Or maybe you need a new, longer break?

Cris.

Hi Cris,

I'm quite the novice at this. I see this file quarantined within BD and a right click only gives me Delete, Restore and Refresh options. The Send option is grayed out as it has already been sent to the default location. A file search on the name listed in BD quarantine panel doesn't find anything. Please advise, thanks.

• I just read again your first post...

So practically, BitDefender did detect some files, and quarantined them. Well, this is fine, we don't need those files (because they are already detected) :)

Do you have any files that aren't detected?

Please post a HijackThis log (you can find instructions in a pinned topic).

Cris.