VPN suddenly disconnect

I have 8 devices, 4 of them experienced some issues with Bit Defender VPN.

These devices are having issues with the Bit Defender VPN, all of them are mobile devices, the users were reporting the VPN suddenly disconnect from the server, they need to check the bit defender VPN and activate manually again. What is causing this issue?

Comments

• Same thing happening on my iPad since updating iOS to 14.1. Also web protection won’t turn on even when VPN is on.

• I have VPN running on the PC and noticed a few times that the VPN software will automatically disconnect for no reason.

* Is the VPN software buggy?

* Are there certain servers we should avoid?

* How can I setup the VPN to terminate my internet connection if the VPN is not connected?

Any feedback from the developers would be appreciated.

• I did a bit more digging and it looks like Bitdefender does not have their own VPN platform but rather use another providers platform called Hotspot Shield VPN and simply rebrand it to Bitdefender.

Seems like the Hotspot platform will at times disconnect without warning.

It is unfortunate, I really like the Bitdefender antivirus and security platform but they need to build their own VPN platform otherwise their name is getting tarnished with the spotty VPN server from Hotspot Shield.

• October 2021 and VPN constantly drops. What is the solution? I just have to leave it off for now, drops every few minutes. Solutions?

• I’ve been having the same issue on my iPad. Yesterday I updated to iOS 15.1. Still didn’t work just by trying to connect. Went to settings and turned VPN manually, went back to try connecting to web protection. Connected and still connected. We’ll see how it performs over time.