Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender 10 Problem

Options

Hi all,

I've a problem with my Bitdefender 10. I'm using Windows XP SP3 and during last days, the bitdefender service doesn't start automatically. When I try to run it (Bitdefender Comunnicator service) manually I get this error in the event log:

Event Id: 7024

Bitdefender Service communciator ends with the specific error 4294967295 (0xFFFFFFFF)

Can anyone help me?

Thanks

Comments

• rootkit
    Options

Did you try to reinstall BitDefender ?

• Did you try to reinstall BitDefender ?

Yes Crysty2k5, I tried it several times. After the first reboot, BitDefender start normally, but after that, every time that I reboot the computer, BitDefender doesn't start.

Thanks for your anwser

• Hi all,

I've a problem with my Bitdefender 10. I'm using Windows XP SP3 and during last days, the bitdefender service doesn't start automatically. When I try to run it (Bitdefender Comunnicator service) manually I get this error in the event log:

Event Id: 7024

Bitdefender Service communciator ends with the specific error 4294967295 (0xFFFFFFFF)

Can anyone help me?

Thanks

I also have the exact same problem. I'm running Windows 2000 SP4. The problem seems to have originated with the 9/24/2008 update to the program. In my case, if I reboot the computer the virus shield usually loads. Today I sent an email to BitDefender Support, but so far, I've received no answer.

• I also have the exact same problem. I'm running Windows 2000 SP4. The problem seems to have originated with the 9/24/2008 update to the program. In my case, if I reboot the computer the virus shield usually loads. Today I sent an email to BitDefender Support, but so far, I've received no answer.

Same problem. It always happens after the last update. I sent an email to the support department five days ago, but I don't get any answer. It's a pity that a good product has a poor support!!!!

• Same problem. It always happens after the last update. I sent an email to the support department five days ago, but I don't get any answer. It's a pity that a good product has a poor support!!!!

Today I received a reply from Support. They recommend updating to BitDefender 2008. The full text of their reply to me is:

"Thank you for your interest in our security solution, BitDefender.

We recommend you to upgrade for free to BitDefender 2008.

Complete information in terms of how to upgrade to BitDefender 2008 are

available below:

http://kb.bitdefender.com/KB387-en--Upgrad...virus-2008.html

During the setup process you will be prompted for your license key. Please

use the license key received when you purchased to register BitDefender.

For more information on the registration process please read:

http://kb.bitdefender.com/KB385-en--Regist...ender-2008.html

We are looking forward to hearing from you."

I hope this helps you as well. I have not implemented it yet, but when I do, I'll let you know how it works.

• Today I received a reply from Support. They recommend updating to BitDefender 2008. The full text of their reply to me is:

"Thank you for your interest in our security solution, BitDefender.

We recommend you to upgrade for free to BitDefender 2008.

Complete information in terms of how to upgrade to BitDefender 2008 are

available below:

http://kb.bitdefender.com/KB387-en--Upgrad...virus-2008.html

During the setup process you will be prompted for your license key. Please

use the license key received when you purchased to register BitDefender.

For more information on the registration process please read:

http://kb.bitdefender.com/KB385-en--Regist...ender-2008.html

We are looking forward to hearing from you."

I hope this helps you as well. I have not implemented it yet, but when I do, I'll let you know how it works.

Thanks JMike, my comments below:

1- I fixed the problem with the version 10, I'll explain later how

2- Regarding the solution popouse by Support team, it's very disappointed:

- When you try download the v2008, automaticaly rediect to v2009

- v2009 doesn't support my current license (Bitdefender 10), so I lose part of my money

- In the case that v2009 could support my license, I would change a complete solution (Antivir, FW,

AntiSpyware) for an Antivirus ¿? As I said, it's very dissapointed

On the other side, regarding the solution, these are the steps i did:

- Uninstall v10

- Reboot

- Start a new installation. the process ask about download a new versuib before start(it's a new "version" of bitdefender10, I suppose it's a new bin. My current version was almost 2 years)

- After the installation, the normal process, update for new virus definition

- Reboot

After 2 days and several reboot, v10 start automatically. I hope it's help!

• Thanks JMike, my comments below:

1- I fixed the problem with the version 10, I'll explain later how

2- Regarding the solution popouse by Support team, it's very disappointed:

- When you try download the v2008, automaticaly rediect to v2009

- v2009 doesn't support my current license (Bitdefender 10), so I lose part of my money

- In the case that v2009 could support my license, I would change a complete solution (Antivir, FW,

AntiSpyware) for an Antivirus ¿? As I said, it's very dissapointed

On the other side, regarding the solution, these are the steps i did:

- Uninstall v10

- Reboot

- Start a new installation. the process ask about download a new versuib before start(it's a new "version" of bitdefender10, I suppose it's a new bin. My current version was almost 2 years)

- After the installation, the normal process, update for new virus definition

- Reboot

After 2 days and several reboot, v10 start automatically. I hope it's help!

I fixed the problem also, by upgrading to BitDefender 2008. The steps I used are as follows:

(1) Download the BitDefended 2008 installation program from http://www.majorgeeks.com/BitDefender_2008_d1487.html

(2) Uninstall BitDefender V10 using the Revo Uninstaller (http://www.majorgeeks.com/Revo_Uninstaller_d5706.html) - I used the "Advanced Mode" to clean out all the junk.

(3) Install BitDefender 2008 using the installation program downloaded in step (1).

(4) I put in my license key and everything worked - I'm paid up to the end of my original term.

It seems to me that BitDefender 2008 is better than V10 - the interface is slightly different and it loads earlier in the boot process (V10 used to be the last thing loaded during boot).

I hope that this is of help to you. Good luck.

• Your license key for version 10 will work on 2009 as well... that's a promise :D