Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Tasks Manager Being Disabled (e-mail Virus)

Options

Somehow I've received a message via Microsoft Office Outlook it seems to be a virus, suddenly tasks manager option disabled, also REGEDIT I can't open it, Administrative tools being disabled.

I've tried to restart the OS via safe mode but I can't no response.

My Bit Defender Anti Virus totally disabled as well!

What is the virus name? why BD can't catch it? how to fix the system because I'm running now another system, the previous one it's hanging all the time, every 10 seconds explorer.exe restarting it self automatically.

Operating System: XP SP3

Anti Virus: BD Anti Virus 10

No Firewall

Thanks,

Comments

• Theoracle117
    edited October 2008
    Options

SP3 IS VERY BAD. You should have never installed it in the first place, because alot of software is incompatable with it.

Did you try running a scan? Does "new" antivirus shortcuts suddenly apear on your desktop?

i believe you are infected. I have had a similar virus that turns off task manager, not to mention completely erased my startmenu so i can't access anything.

You should try to run a scan. If all else fails, download the Bitdefender recovery CD and burn it onto a disk. Then use that to clean your system(setup is quite complicated for someone who isn't familiar with linux)

good luck

crysty2k5's EDIT: Always keep Windows Updated

• You can google your problem and you will find numerous forums that deal with virus infected computers. Your problem is a common one.I had the same problem as you. Ran "Malwarebytes Anti-Malware) and it cleaned up everything. Google it and you will find the free download. You also can try "Hijackthis"; another free program; run the scan and it will create a log. Look at the log and find any entries that refer to "Redirecting". Delete those entries and you will be able to surf the web again to the sites you want. Good luck.

P.S. Don't expect any help from BD. Their support is a lot to be desired!

SP3 IS VERY BAD. You should have never installed it in the first place, because alot of software is incompatable with it.

Did you try running a scan? Does "new" antivirus shortcuts suddenly apear on your desktop?

i believe you are infected. I have had a similar virus that turns off task manager, not to mention completely erased my startmenu so i can't access anything.

You should try to run a scan. If all else fails, download the Bitdefender recovery CD and burn it onto a disk. Then use that to clean your system(setup is quite complicated for someone who isn't familiar with linux)

good luck

crysty2k5's EDIT: Always keep Windows Updated

• Thanks guys,

I assume that BD has a support for a such cases!

I didn't purchase the license of BD for no support and no performance also!

I can't run my computer now also BD has been disabled by this small virus !

• seems like you can access the internet. It seems like a good time to use combofix, since its a last resort. If that fails, you should try asking about the bitdefender rescue cd.

heres combo fix. DO EVERYTHING IT SAYS

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/combofix/how-to-use-combofix

• You Can Also Try The Bitdefender Online Scanner for Any Viruses.I Read It Somewhere That It Also Removes Malwares If It Finds Any (I Am Not Sure About It).And Why Only Bitdefender You Can Also Go For Other AV's Online Scanner.And When You Know That Which File Is Causing All These You Can Delete It By Your Own.If You Still Can't Delete It Download Unlocker From Here -> http://ccollomb.free.fr/unlocker/unlocker1.8.7.exe

It Unlocks Any Associated Thread With Any File.Just Right Click On That File, Select Unlock & Select Delete.

Hope This Helps. :)

• you can always try file assasin :P

its made by the same people who made malwarebytes but you should try combofix or unlocker first

• Hi.

The symptoms you describe are exactly the same has mine , on my system bitdefender says it is the W/32 Sality virus.

Iam still trying to control it has it has infected all of my computers, its a nasty virus and hope you get it sorted soon

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi.

The symptoms you describe are exactly the same has mine , on my system bitdefender says it is the W/32 Sality virus.

Iam still trying to control it has it has infected all of my computers, its a nasty virus and hope you get it sorted soon

The discution will continue here: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=9119