Vulnerability Scan "Fix Issue" Button

I did a vulnerability scan recently which identified 5 low risk issues. I clicked on the Fix Issue button but nothing seemed to happen. Is fixing the issue the purpose of the button or just a confirmation that the issue exists?

Comments

• I have the exact same issue. What is the purpose of the "fix issue" button? It does not work. This problem is confusing and frustrating.

• Same problem here. If the button does not work, is there perhaps another way to fix the issues?

• For me, the Fix issue button responds but nothing happens. The problem, Altered system settings detected, does not go away and is still detected after subsequent reboots.

• I've had this problem recently. Have a support ticket done, but have not heard back from Bitdefender yet. Will try chat again soon to ask if there is any progress on the issue.

Here is the message I had sent to Bitdefender about a week ago:

When selecting the 'Vulnerability Scan' and running it, it provides some 'operating system security' and 'browser security' issues, all are 'Low' vulnerability risk. When proceeding to click on 'Fix Issue' for each issue, nothing happens.

I had initially installed Bitdefender in December and this did not happen, all went as it should.

However, when installed recently (today), the build of Total Security is 25.0.14.58, so I am guessing this new build has something to do with it. Please note that I had previously uninstalled Total Security on this laptop, and the install today was new with the update from the link from Bitdefender Central.

If/when I get a reply or more info from chat I'll come back here and update.

• I contacted Bitdefender by chat and then received an email later, part of which is as follows:

I have looked into the case and it seems that the situation is caused by an issue which has already been acknowledged by our development team. We are currently working on a fix which will be done by means of automatic update and won't require any additional action on your end.

Hopefully the issue will be fixed shortly.

I will post back when it is working as it should.

• Appears to be fixed. Here is the reply received within an hour of the last reply:

I am happy to let you know that the issue you reported should be fixed in the latest version. Please update Bitdefender and let us know if the issue persists.

How to update Bitdefender:

- right-click on the Bitdefender icon from System Tray

- press on Update Now and wait until this process is finished

- press on Restart Now

If Restart Now doesn't appear, restart the computer manually.

After the restart, please make sure you have the latest build of Bitdefender installed, 25.0.14.58. To verify the build that you are running, please right-click on the Bitdefender icon in the System Tray and press on About. The build is displayed below the Product information.

The System Tray is the set of icons in the lower right of the desktop, next to the clock. Not all icons are visible by default. To see all of them, please press on the icon that looks like an arrow pointing up (or a triangle).

I noticed the build number 25.0.14.58 was the latest version back a week ago when I had the issue, but after updating earlier and then re-running the vulnerability scan, clicking on 'fix issue' on each one works as normal.

I must say I have been impressed with how fast it is to get into contact with support via chat.