Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Internet Security V10 and Internet Explorer 7

Options
thitiphum
edited June 2007 in General talk

Dear all,

Many of my customers here in Thailand are experiencing something very unusual. After installing Bitdefender Internet Security V10 they will not be able to start Internet Explorer 7. Some have also reported that it would create shortcuts to IE7 but in fact IE7 will not be able to start it at all. IE7 will not respond or it will create shortcuts. I was advise by support team to rename bdpredir.sys file from C:\program files\softwin\bitdefender10\ into bdpredir.sy_. Will this work? Anyone experiencing what my customers are experiencing. Please help me find a way to fix this problem. THanks alot guys.

ps. for the time being i have advise them to use firefox or other web browser. Some have downgraded to IE6 again...

Comments

• alexcrist
    Options

Hi tonypree,

You could just try the solution suggested by the Support Team. Let us know if it worked (for future reference).

But the best solution that I suggest is using Firefox. Not just because of this problem, but because Firefox is a lot more secure, easy to use, stable and many many more reasons.

Cris.

• Niels
    Options

Hi tonypree,

Try also to run IE 7 without add-ons to see if it works. Rightclick on the IE7 icon and choose for start without add-ons. But try first what they told you.

Regards

Niels

• Sjoeii
    Options

Strange issue

I have both running. And it is working great