Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Can't Remove Antispam 2009 Toolbar From Outlook Express

Options

I have BD antispam turned off, same settings that I used with BD TS 2008. Now, after updating to BD TS 2009, I can't remove BD antispam toolbar in Outlook Express 6.0 2007.

I've tried Neils suggestion posted on 8/20/08. Kept getting error message, wouldn't work. His suggestion mentioned Outlook so it might not apply to Outlook express.

I've also tried cteix's suggestion, without success, posted on 8/20/08. Probably applies only to Outlook.

I have 5 email addresses in OE. 2 of them have the antispam toolbar still showing and I can't get rid of them.

Prior to installing BD TS 2009, I had BD TS 2008 with antispam disabled and had no problems. For antispam I have been using Cloudmark Spam Blocker (current version) for a long time and it works great.

So, how can I remove antispam toolbar in BD TS 2009?

Comments

• Update by Ridley: I uninstalled BDTS 2008 and 2009 and reinstalled TS 2009 on 10/5/08.

I have antispam toolbar on all 5 of my Outlook Express email addresses and I still cannot remove them (the antispam toobars).

Any suggestions?

• This worked for me on XP pro SP2.

Regards Thopaga.

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your interest in our security solution, BitDefender.

Regarding your request, for permanently removing the toolbar please boot up

the PC in Safe Mode and then browse to this location:

C:/Program Files/BitDefender/BitDefender2009

Locate the file called "bdoe.dll" and rename it to "bdoe.d_" and the restart

the PC normally.

[how to RESTART IN SAFE MODE WITH NETWORKING]

- restart the computer;

- repeatedly press the "F8" key several times before Microsoft Windows begins

to load (you need to press "F8" until you will be displayed a text menu);

- select "SAFE MODE WITH NETWORKING" in the text menu and press "Enter".

- wait while Windows loads in Safe Mode; this process ends with a confirmation

message; click "Yes" to acknowledge.

Best regards,

Diana Bele

BitDefender Technical Support Engineer

• This worked for me on XP pro SP2.

Regards Thopaga.

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your interest in our security solution, BitDefender.

Regarding your request, for permanently removing the toolbar please boot up

the PC in Safe Mode and then browse to this location:

C:/Program Files/BitDefender/BitDefender2009

Locate the file called "bdoe.dll" and rename it to "bdoe.d_" and the restart

the PC normally.

[how to RESTART IN SAFE MODE WITH NETWORKING]

- restart the computer;

- repeatedly press the "F8" key several times before Microsoft Windows begins

to load (you need to press "F8" until you will be displayed a text menu);

- select "SAFE MODE WITH NETWORKING" in the text menu and press "Enter".

- wait while Windows loads in Safe Mode; this process ends with a confirmation

message; click "Yes" to acknowledge.

Best regards,

Diana Bele

BitDefender Technical Support Engineer

I have the exact opposite problem. I cant get the antspam toolbar TO STAY in outlook express. Sometimes it will show and the next time its gone. The only cure I see is for outlook. This is getting to be annoying as I cant designate spam messages etc.

• Thopaga
    edited October 2008
    Options

Hi JimL.

Sorry I cannot help you there, but I advice you to contact Chat Support.

I am running XP PRO SP2 and it works for me.

By the way I have found SPAMFIGHTER (free editition) superior to any antispam module you can buy, because it uses a server database working well from day one.

It looks to me that those with Vista, Media center and XP SP3 have problems.

And I also noticed that some who have done a clean uninstall have got out of their problems.

What I do not like about the interface is that the screens in BitDefender have no OK-button when you change something. Not a good solution if you ask me.

Please contact Chat Support.

Regards Thopaga.

• Addition to the above post.

I would not even dream of using the antispam module of BitDefender since SPAMFIGHTER is superior.

Also I have found out that BitDefender adds the toolbar in Outlook Express DYNAMICALLY EVERY TIME OUTLOOK EXPRESS IS STARTED.

• Hi JimL.

Sorry I cannot help you there, but I advice you to contact Chat Support.

I am running XP PRO SP2 and it works for me.

By the way I have found SPAMFIGHTER (free editition) superior to any antispam module you can buy, because it uses a server database working well from day one.

It looks to me that those with Vista, Media center and XP SP3 have problems.

And I also noticed that some who have done a clean uninstall have got out of their problems.

What I do not like about the interface is that the screens in BitDefender have no OK-button when you change something. Not a good solution if you ask me.

Please contact Chat Support.

Regards Thopaga.

Thopaqa: Thanks for the reply. Iam running Media Center, SP3 and Outlook Express. Iam using BD 2009 and not BD TS. I'll try to contact chat tomorrow and see if they are available. Hope they can help, but maybe this program is not ready for prime time. Never had a problem with CA 2008 except for their buggy firewall. Maybe have to go back to it. JimL

• Thopaqa: Thanks for the reply. Iam running Media Center, SP3 and Outlook Express. Iam using BD 2009 and not BD TS. I'll try to contact chat tomorrow and see if they are available. Hope they can help, but maybe this program is not ready for prime time. Never had a problem with CA 2008 except for their buggy firewall. Maybe have to go back to it. JimL

Really tired of screwing around with this. Corrupted auto update file. Went back to CA,

• I have 5 email addresses in OE. 2 of them have the antispam toolbar still showing and I can't get rid of them.

:wacko:

• Advise for that business try-Outlook Express problems,and how i remember utility is freeware,receive email it will usually tells you why on the error tab of the progress window,recover data after attack viruses, software failures, power failures, human errors, hard drive failures, Outlook Express problem and Outlook Express troubles are only a few examples of what could destroy the data of your e-mails, including the email address book and contacts,extracts and saves e-mails from .dbx files that are used by Outlook Express in order to store messages to the local drive,program will help you avoid Outlook Express troubles and fix the problems with Outlook Express folders that you cannot open,can solves problems Outlook Express.