Internet connection CRAWLS since I installed BD. HELP!

I have cable internet thru Roadrunner. The cable comes out of the cable modem and into a LinkSys cable/DSL router and then splits to 2 different computers. One ONE PC (an 3.0 GHZ IBM) I installed BD Intenet security V10. The other doesnt have BD installed yet. Ever since I installed BD on this computer my internet connection C-R-A-W-L-S.... VERY slow.

Ive installed all patches (Windows XP) updated all software, defraged drives, scanned for adware.. nothing. Ive checked and RECHECKED all settings on BD but this PC is still slow.

The OTHER PC (a 1.33GHZ Dell) still has BLAZING fast internet connection, so its NOT RR's fault!

Can anyone help me out???

ALSO.... Im not sure if this has ANYTHING to do with my slow internet speeds BUT...

When I go to YAHOO (and ONLY Yahoo) and I search for an image (say "car") and search for images, rather than getting thumbnails of pictures, I only get text links that say "click for full image"....

Can anyone suggest ANYHING????

Comments

• Try to disable http scanner if is enabled, i do not use IS but http scanner could slow down your browser.

• Also you could give us some hints about how your firewall is set-up and if you use other firewall software beside the one in BitDefender IS.

• The only other Firewall is windows xp firewall and its been turned off...

BD firewall is at DEFAULT level... HTTP scanning is turned off...

Under ADVANCED tab for Firewall "custom ICMP filtering is chosen" "echo" is NOT chosen, all others (redirect, dest unreachable and any other) are all chosen. under settings "enable Internet connection Sharing support, Stealth mode, apply same profile to all networks" are all chosen but "block all multicast traffic" isnt checked.

Any ideas???

Just checked that its NOT the Cat5 cable, installed latest drivers for NIC card, and firmware for router...

Im running out of ideas...

• Take a look here: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=103

If that is the same situation you describe, then it's clear that latests BD Update had something wrong in it.

BitDefender Team, please respond.

• CONFIRMED AND PROBLEM FIXED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I renamed the file to bdpredir.OLD and TURNED OFF update, and rebooted...

PROBLEM 100% solved..... I mean 100 ONE HUNDRED percent solved!!!!

My internet connection is SMOKING fast once again!!!!

Now Im annoyed!!! Spent a whole week updating NIC card drivers, Router firmware, downloading/installing numerous software packages to search for Adware&corrupt registry settings, playing with settings, testing cables, installed NEW NIC card, Uninstalled Windows updates and it was JUST this file screwing my system up?????

Im not bitter or ready to run to Norton's, Im just happy this problems is SOLVED

OK.... BD support, can you at least tell me WHAT this file is, HOW will it affect my PC now and theres a fix in the works... RIGHT?!?!?!?

• Stop double posting!

Since the other thread already has things going (a BitDefender Support Member answered), you should post only there.

It's a lot easier for everyone to keep track of everything, if all details are in one place.

• Im sorry... I just wanted everyone who had this problem to know it worked for me... Bad Netiquette? Maybe... sorry...

Just thought it provided closure on the thread I started.

I apologize for my lack of etiquette...

• OK, it did work for you, because you maybe just disabled absolutely all protection. I don't know how it works, nor the effects of this solution (negative or positive).

To be sure you are safe, you have to wait until BitDefender solves this problem, and hope this "fix" does not back-fire leaving an open door to viruses.

And just for eveyone to know where the possible solution is:

Everyone else who has the problem described in this thread, please read and post here: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=103