Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Trojan.Vundo

Options

Please help. My computer is infected with Trojan.Vundo. Not sure what to do.

Comments

• Niels
    Options

Hi Emma

I suggest that you download these programs:

drwebcureit!: ftp://ftp.drweb.com/pub/drweb/cureit/cureit.exe Run it and let it remove the found infections. But do not remove vsserv.exe or anything that is located in the BitDefender or Softwin folder. Because otherwise you have to repair BitDefender.

superantispyware: http://downloads2.superantispyware.com/dow...AntiSpyware.exe

Update superantispyware after that reboot your pc press several times on the F8 button before the windows loading screen and choose safe mode. Start superantispyware and perform a complete scan. Boot your pc into normal mode (just reboot). Start BitDefender and perform a deep scan. To do that go to antivirus,scanning,deep scan. The scan can take a few hours.

Regards

Niels

• Emma
    Options

Hi Niels

Thank you so very much.

I tried the suggested programs:drwebcureit!: ftp://ftp.drweb.com/pub/drweb/cureit/cureit.exe - that did not work BUT... the superantispyware: http://downloads2.superantispyware.com/dow...AntiSpyware.exe worked superbly.

Thanks again :)

Emma

• Niels
    Options

Hi Emma

Glad that I could help you. What didn't work with dr web cureit!? Because normally it works without any problems. Or do did you mean it doesn't find anything? Superantispyware is a very good program to remove difficult infections and it' free. Only if you want realtime protection and automatic updates than you have to purchase the pro edition.

Regards

Niels

• Emma
    Options

Hi Niels,

dr web cureit did detected the viruses but it could not del, move or rename it. Tried three times and then i used superantispyware.

i really do appreciate your help in solving this matter.

I am quite dissappointed with the support from the bitdefender team. I wrote to them - they replied once, their solution did not work, I wrote to them again but till today I have yet to get a reply.

Regards

Emma

• Niels
    Options

Hi Emma

Did you run dr web cureit! also in safe mode? Sorry that I forgot to say that you must also run it in safe mode. To which address did you send your e-mail if it's support at bitdefender dot com that is their worldwide address for countries who don't have local support. To see if it's the case for you open BitDefender go to general,info(rmation) and see if you find a different address.Sometimes livechat is quicker but when you have a virus issue than normally you have to use mailsupport. It depends also who answers.

Regards

Niels

• Emma
    Options

Hi Niels,

No I did not run it in safe mode, maybe that is the reason why dr cureit did not work.

I was on live support with Mary, she told me to email my scan report to: support@bitdefender.com.

I got a reply from Adrian Refca, BitDefender Technical Support Engineer.

Informed them that the solution provided did not work.

Todate no reply.

Regards,

Emma

• Niels
    Options

Hi Emma

Normally dr web cureit! works in normal mode but because Vundo uses protection so in normal mode dr web can't remove it. Some malware does the same as Vundo.

Regards

Niels