Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Fraud spam?

Options
Hi,
I've received a very professional looking email, (that has gone into my Gmail spam folder), from https://static-hello.bitdefender.com/ (with a response link to the following response domain: https://static-hello.bitdefender.com/u/nrd.php?etc etc), to say that:

"Dear ******,
The decision to discontinue a product is never easy.
This is especially so when a product is as popular as our Free Edition product has been for the last years.
Since early 2020, we have had to weather immense changes in our industry, changes which upended many of our cherished plans for product development.
Sadly, Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition has been a casualty of those changes.
As of 1st of January 2022, Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition will officially be discontinued and no longer available for use. etc etc..."

I'm always wary of links to php code anyway so I checked on the bitdefender.com and bitdefender.co.uk websites and couldn't see anything obvious about this discontinuation so I assume it is a fraud spam. If it is, it is a very convincing one.

Whether it is fake or not - ideally you need to put something on your website about it. If it is a fake sub-domain 'static-hello' on the primary domain bitdefender.com, it would normally indicate that your primary domain bitdefender.com has been hacked and membership data accessed.
Best regards,
Bobbear

Comments

• Mike_BD
    Options
    Dear Bob,

The message is legit and it's coming from us.

Stay safe,
    Mike

Intel Core i7-7700 @ 3.60Ghz, 64GB DDR4 || Gigabyte nVIDIA GeForce® GTX 1070 G1 8GB || WD Blue NAND 500GB + 1TB

• Thanks for the reply, Mike.

That's a shame, sorry to hear that you're leaving the 'free AV' market, but I respectfully suggest that you document it on your website(s), (unless I just missed it. of course!)

GMail thinks its spam, so I guess a lot of people before me have reported it as such, (I didn't!)

You'll be missed!

Regards,

Bob

• Mike_BD
    Options

Hi Bob,

Thank you again for your observation and feedback - I made sure it reached the team.

Also thanks for you kind words 😊.

Stay safe,

Mike

Intel Core i7-7700 @ 3.60Ghz, 64GB DDR4 || Gigabyte nVIDIA GeForce® GTX 1070 G1 8GB || WD Blue NAND 500GB + 1TB

• I have a related question. I recently received an email from connect@hello.bitdefender.com about completing a purchase in my cart. All the links in the email start with "static-hello.bitdefender.com/u/nrd.php" etc. I assume this is a real email and the links (static-hello) are OK. I did visit the webstore earlier that day. I started to make a purchase but didn't. Thought I'd cleared out the shopping cart.

• Mike_BD
    Options

Hello @SD55 ,

That message is legit, so nothing to worry.

Stay safe,

Mike

• Thanks so much for the quick response!