Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Settings backup

Options

In appreciate that this topic has been raised before but it was 5 years ago so as things could have changed in that time I repeat the question.

Is there a facility within Bitdefender Total Security to back up the program settings. If not I wonder why not.

Comments

• Mike_BD
    Options

Hi @alanrwood ,

Thanks for sharing your feature idea with us. Bitdefender Total Security keeps the settings if reinstall from Control Panel. Indeed, it happens only in this specific case. What would be the ideal scenario for you and what would be the reasons?

Stay safe,

Mike

Intel Core i7-7700 @ 3.60Ghz, 64GB DDR4 || Gigabyte nVIDIA GeForce® GTX 1070 G1 8GB || WD Blue NAND 500GB + 1TB

• alanrwood
    Options

Hi

Thanks for the reply. Sorry for my late response

Actually this was not a feature idea, I was asking if this was already available. I will add this to the list of negatives in Bitdefender including poor and slow program updates (Some take 6 weeks to come through), no facility to force a program update and no ability to download an offline installer. I really am considering uninstalling Bitdefender when my current family , 15 device, license runs out.

Settings should be saveable. If you have 10 machines then it is an absolute pain to have to set up each machine whereas if I could export the settings from one machine and import them to the others it would save me a huge amount of time. Every other security program I have used has this facility eg Eset

• Mike_BD
    Options

Hi @alanrwood ,

Allow me to respond one by one to your observations:

1. Got your point referring to settings; I'll raise it internally with the dev team. It's a very valid point, especially for user such as yourself, with 15 seats.

2. Slow program updates - this is unclear for me, can you be more specific?

3. Offline installer - I will revert to you privately, as there is a workaround for "power users", but it's not what we recommend , as the product is not intended to work like that and also the steps are not too user friendly.

Cheers,

Mike

Intel Core i7-7700 @ 3.60Ghz, 64GB DDR4 || Gigabyte nVIDIA GeForce® GTX 1070 G1 8GB || WD Blue NAND 500GB + 1TB

• alanrwood
    Options

Hi

I have replied to your private communication.

The situation is that I have 10 machines and although they are supposed to update the software program the time delay is far too high and not acceptable. I usually get these software updates up to 8 weeks after they are issued. I appreciate that everyone trying to update at the same time can cause problems for the update server but 8 weeks is far far far too long. BD probably needs to invest a bit more money and upgrade the servers.

Other Security software (eg Eset) have an update program button which will force a software update. I appreciate that there is an update choice in BD but it does not update the software only the definitions.

Regards Alan