Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Change logs folder

Options
isurfer
edited January 2022 in Utilities

Greetings!

Is there any way to change the folder the scan logs are stored in?

I could not find any relevant setting and I would really like to store them somewhere else than on the C drive.

Thanks

1 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Mike_BD
    Options

Hello @isurfer and welcome to our Community!

Thanks for your question, but, for now, it is not possible to change the location of the logs.

Your query is interesting, though: how would you benefit from if, if it would be possible? Logs are insignificantly in terms of space occupied and the path is quite straightforwards to identify.

Happy holidays,

Mike

Intel Core i7-7700 @ 3.60Ghz, 64GB DDR4 || Gigabyte nVIDIA GeForce® GTX 1070 G1 8GB || WD Blue NAND 500GB + 1TB

• Hi Mike,

Thanks for coming back.

I was looking for this setting (and therefore asked here) as I generally want to keep my C drive as clean as possible (it's an SSD drive). I prefer to keep all data (I consider logs to be data :) ) on a different physical (and larger) drive. I evem move my TEMP folder.

I know it's not an issue any more for SSDs (with TRIM etc.) , it's just a practice from earlier days :)

Happy holidays to you too.

isurfer

• Mike_BD
    Options

That'a a very healthy practice @isurfer . At which I also adhere from earlier years 😊 and now I'm also teaching my 10yo son to keep drive C: as clean and empty as possible, even in the era of 1TB SSDs. Thanks for discussing this with us and enjoy your holidays!

Mike

Intel Core i7-7700 @ 3.60Ghz, 64GB DDR4 || Gigabyte nVIDIA GeForce® GTX 1070 G1 8GB || WD Blue NAND 500GB + 1TB