Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Is the address 192.229.220.142 (cs566.cc.wpc.rhocdn.net) an address used by bitdefender?

Options

Hi,

In the monitorings we make over the security wall, we detected the heavy traffic to the address 192,229.220.142 (cs566.cc.wpc.rhocdn.net) from user computers. when we investigate the IP address and URL, we found that it was registered to Verizon and was accessing the bitdefender servers. We contacted your representative in Turkey to make sure that the IP address is an IP address used to access Bitdefender update servers or servers belonging to gravitizone. When they returned after a while, they could not give us a clear answer as to whether the relevant IP address and URL were an IP address used by bitdefender servers or not.

We are asking for help with this IP address and URL. As a precaution, we have prohibited access to the relevant IP address and URL through our firewall.

Answers

• Mike_BD
    Options

Hello @HuseyinOzdemir ,

cs566.cc.wpc.rhocdn.net is a subdomain of rhocdn.net. DNS resolution of cs566.cc.wpc.rhocdn.net points to 192.229.210.142 with a location in Boston, Massachusetts US. Network services are provided by Verizon Business. Parent domain registration belongs to Verizon Trademark Services LLC, registered through MarkMonitor, Inc.. The server responds with an SSL certificate issud by Digicert Inc to Verizon Digital Media Services, Inc., Ou under the common name download.bitdefender.com.

Cloudflare security assessment status for rhocdn.net: Safe 👮✅.

• Content Servers - Domains that are serving content.

Cheers,

Mike

Intel Core i7-7700 @ 3.60Ghz, 64GB DDR4 || Gigabyte nVIDIA GeForce® GTX 1070 G1 8GB || WD Blue NAND 500GB + 1TB

• Hi Mike

Thank you for your return. When I researched the IP address and DNS resolutions, I had already investigate all the information you gave. We are using GravityZone Business Security. What I want to make sure is, is this IP address and DNS path a secure domain used by bitdefender? Can I trust this IP address and cs566.cc.wpc.rhocdn.net DNS resolution?

• Mike_BD
    Options

Hi @HuseyinOzdemir , and a brand new and better 2022! 🎊

You can go ahead, we use it for some activities, so it's safe.

Cheers,

Mike

Intel Core i7-7700 @ 3.60Ghz, 64GB DDR4 || Gigabyte nVIDIA GeForce® GTX 1070 G1 8GB || WD Blue NAND 500GB + 1TB

• Hi Mike,

Thank you for your information.