Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

How to restore (or undo) Bitdefender Optimizer Registry Changes

Bitdefender's OneClick optimizer (part of my Total Security subscription) has this quirk where it tells you to approve changes to the registry, but only gives you a general idea of what will be changed. Then AFTER it makes the changes, it tells you what it did.

Well, I decided to bite the bullet and try it out and I'm not happy with the two changes. Is there a way to restore these registry items and how do I go about doing this? Is there a file located somewhere that BitDefender keeps on your PC which documents these changes?

I know the registry is essentially text and numbers, but I'm not really a registry expert, so I don't like to go poking around without specific instructions. Here's a screen clipping of what was changed (the logitech download assistant startup item and "Help files"). Thanks for your help!

Best Answer

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    Answer ✓

@jabish028 I would like to add that a backup of the registry changes is made here: C:\ProgramData\Bitdefender\DesktopFiles have this name format: backup20211014031420.reg.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

Answers

• Hello @jabish028 and welcome to the Community!

You won't be able to restore the items that have been removed, unless you created a Restore Point beforehand. As for the changes themselves they are of no harm, quite the opposite. The Optimizer also scans the Windows registry for registry keys that are of no use, it will not hinder the experience on your PC.

Stay safe.

• Thanks for the help, @Alexandru_BD! Knowing where the registry backups are located is super helpful. I've been troubleshooting a lot with my PC and, while these particular changes weren't of any consequence, I've been trying to keep better tabs on what's going on. Thanks a bunch!

• You are most welcome @jabish028.

I am glad I could help.

Cheers!