Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Warthunder aces.exe false positive?

Options

Updating Warthunder fails because Bitdefender says that the file ACES.EXE (32 bits version) contains Gen:Variant.Graftor.534493

An online scan (Virus Total) shows that only 6 AV venders think the files is corrupted with malware.

If not corrupted, why is that file not in the white list database of Bitdefender?

Answers

• I am curious about this too. Is it safe to activate or not? Thanks in advance.

• I have the same issue downloading from steam - this issue has come up with war thunder and bitdefender before, simply create an exemption.

• Mike74
    edited January 2022
    Options

hello, yes it would be good to know if we should put it in exception or if we should especially not do it ?, this problem comes up very often.

• I have the same problem, please explain

• Have the same issue updating War Thunder on steam, an expert advice would be much appreciated!

• Drag_hel
    Options

Same problem as the others o: !

• Afinal é falso positivo ou não?

• Same problem here. I entered the path to whitelist the file but no luck. Still aborts the update.

• Same problem wait action of Bitdefender...

• bump^

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello guys and thank you so much for your input on this.

We have reached to our developers and engineers and presented the situation.

Following your reports and the analysis, a fix will be deployed with an automated update of Bitdefender in the upcoming days. We expect the implementation to be achieved until next week, so it may take a couple of days.

So bear with us just a little bit longer and you will be able to enjoy this game again soon.

Stay safe.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Seems to me that the Bitdefender engineers have done a quick and great job. My Warthunder update went without any warning.

Before I posted the question, i did some research and found out that it was not the first time this 'aces.exe' had false positive troubles.

I guess it will happen again, depending on the version of the (Gen:Variant.Graftor.534493).

Alexandru_BD, can you please confirm that we (Warthunder players) may put this 'aces.exe' in the exception list? I think this will be a great relief for many Bitdefender users if your answer is positive.

Thank you very much

LouisV

• I am hoping it is somehow fixed, because I spent 2 hours last night trying to work around this problem. I'll report back if I am successful this evening.

• My BitDefender reports to have been updated 2 hours ago (it is now 6:26pm EST US). Therefore, based on the thread above I have started the process of downloading all 37.24GB of war thunder...AGAIN.

After however many hours this takes I'll report back on success...or failure. If it fails, I need to consider switching to something besides BitDefender...this is easily the 3rd or 4th time this sort of thing has happened...adding steam or WT to exceptions seems to do nothing to help. I simply don't have that kind of time...life's too short.

• I can report, as of 8:58pm (EST US), after 2.5 hours of download time, the War Thunder update (via Steam) was SUCCESSFUL!

I hope this means the BitDefender update(s) today fixed the problem, for now, but time will tell. Nonetheless, Thank You to anyone on the BD team who worked on this issue.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Cheers to everyone,

@LouisV and @slcarr1960 I am glad to hear the issue was resolved. I can relate to how frustrating it can be when you are unable to play one of your favorite games. I've been there myself and I must say I'm really happy we could deliver a fix in good time. Going forward, we'll keep a close eye on this and I encourage you to reply on this thread with any useful insights on this subject. If you encounter any difficulties along the way, I'll make sure to forward your feedback to our developers and put it to good use.

I'll get back to you in regards to 'aces.exe' as I need to do some research to make sure.

Best wishes and enjoy the game!

• I've been having the same problem. I've updated Bitdefender several times hoping that the definitions have been changed and War Thunder would start up normally as it did for @LouisV and @sclarr1960, however, bitdefender is still flagging Aces.exe.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

@Plinius I think some logs might be required to resolve this.

I would recommend you to get in touch with our engineers by choosing one of the contact channels available here:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/

I hope the issue is resolved in a timely manner.

Best wishes.