Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Trojan Hunter False Positive

Options

Bit Defender deleted C:\ProgramFiles\TrojanHunter5.0\Tools\LiveUpdate\LiveUpdate.exe as Trojan Generic 760483 and C:\SystemVolumeInformation\_restore(...)\RP368\A0076239.exe as Trojan Generic 760483.

Trojan Hunter is not able to update because C:\ProgramFiles\TrojanHunter5.0\Tools\LiveUpdate\LiveUpdate. exe is not found.

How do I restore the TrojanHunterLiveUpdate.exe ?

Comments

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Unplug your network cable.

Disable BitDefender's Shield.

Open up BitDefender quarantine and restore the file( LiveUpdate. exe)

Please pack the file(s) in an archive, protected with the password infected.

Turn on BitDefender Shiled.

Plug-in your network cable.

Attach the archive in your next post here.(if it's too big, upload it on www.rapidshare.com or other server and leave here the download link)

• Kimi
    Options

I don't see any files in Quarantine.

When and if I do find the file in Quarantine and restore it, how do I pack the file in an archive and protect it with the password?

How can I restore my Trojan Hunter Live Update if I cannot find the file to restore in Quarantine?

Also, has the false positive for Trojan Hunter Live Update been corrected so that BitDefender won't delete the file again?

Thank you for your help.

Unplug your network cable.

Disable BitDefender's Shield.

Open up BitDefender quarantine and restore the file( LiveUpdate. exe)

Please pack the file(s) in an archive, protected with the password infected.

Turn on BitDefender Shiled.

Plug-in your network cable.

Attach the archive in your next post here.(if it's too big, upload it on www.rapidshare.com or other server and leave here the download link)

• csalgau
    Options

This detection is weird. Please do your best to upload the detected file.

• Kimi
    Options

Where can I find the deleted file if the file is not in Quarantine?

I am not able to update Trojan Hunter because BitDefender deleted the LiveUpdate.

• Niels
    Options

Hello Kimi,

Deleted means that it isn't quarantined but removed from your hard disk. May I ask were you download trojan hunter? Because when I download the trial version from the official website nothing is detected. I suggest that you redownload trojan hunter from this location. Enter your registration information.

Kind regards,

Niels

• Where can I find the deleted file if the file is not in Quarantine?

I am not able to update Trojan Hunter because BitDefender deleted the LiveUpdate.

I have the same problem. I have Bitdefender settings to disinfect or quarantine but BitDefender deletes the file anyway. This is an issue with the program. The settings do not work. You will need a special undelete program to find the file and restore.

By the way BitDefender has some of the slowest servers on the internet. Using this forum and the FAQs is painful. So I am off to somewhere else on the internet.

• I have the same problem. I have Bitdefender settings to disinfect or quarantine but BitDefender deletes the file anyway. This is an issue with the program. The settings do not work. You will need a special undelete program to find the file and restore.

By the way BitDefender has some of the slowest servers on the internet. Using this forum and the FAQs is painful. So I am off to somewhere else on the internet.

And I have the same problem, as there does not seem to be much help here I am doing like the fellow above me, and will surch futher on the web, I can not recover anything delete with with BitDefender, I could put an EXCEPTION but I do not like doing that.

ray