Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Optimizer on my Bitdefender Total Security

Options

Optimizer on my Bitdefender Total Security no longer looks at the registry, why is this?

Answers

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Nei1_C_C

Same situation here. Didn't notice this until now.

I've just scanned my laptop and OnClick Optimizer didn't found any registry issues:

On the other hand, Glary Utilities PRO 5.185.0.214 found 29 registry issues:

Could be a bug or something.

Anyway, it's time to contact Bitdefender Consumer Support:

You should also do the same thing as me.

Best regards.

• Gjoksi
    edited April 2022
    Options

@Alexandru_BD

If you wanna take a look on the issue, here is my ticket number: 1007329742.

I sent the same 2 screenshots posted above and the Bitdefender Support Tool log to the support engineers.

Thanks.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello,

I've tested myself and I got this:

@Gjoksi79_ I have located your ticket and i'll ask one of our technicians to assist. Thank you for sharing your findings with us.

Stay safe.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod
    edited April 2022
    Options

I thought I'd check on my end, too. One PC showed 15 registry issues, the other 70. I let BD clean the one with 15 issues then re-scanned and it showed no problems. We're all probably on the same build by now, 26.0.14.63

And not to confuse things, I ran 2 other utilities and received these issues. Do you think BD is being safe at what it scans and finds? I still would like to have more information on what BD Registry scan finds. Maybe some of these utilities can be a little overzealous?

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

I'm not sure if this is an issue, as I haven't received confirmation yet.

If you ask me, I think we're playing it safe and the Bitdefender filtering is less agressive than Glary utilities, for example. Because optimizing the registry when it's not really necessary can do more harm than good and we don't want to mess things up there.

@Scott I also think the utilities available online in various places can be overzealous sometimes and even doubtful.. but I have no proof nor past experience of that, it's just an assumption.

@Gjoksi79_ kindly let us know what the engineers have to say about this, maybe they can shed some light on what's actually the reason behind this discrepancy and get a better understanding of the mechanism involved.

Stay safe everyone.

• Nei1_C_C
    Options

I have also submitted snapshots to customer support under ticket number 1007330123, I am not aware of the support tool you mention, I have never needed it until now.

• Gjoksi
    edited April 2022
    Options

The Support Tool file is located here:

C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender Security

Click on the file, under "Issue category" select "Functionalities and How To's" or "Error and Crash", under "Issue Description" type "Ticket number 1007330123".

Then, click on "Try to reproduce the issue", click on "Start", wait a few minutes and next in the upper centar of your desktop click on "Finish" and you'll be notified "I have reproduced the issue" in the same place where "Try to reproduce the issue" was written.

After that, click on "Confirm ticket" and in the next dialog box click on "Create debug package".

Next, you'll have to wait a few minutes for the Bitdefender Support Tool log as zip file to be created on your desktop.

You should sent that zip file to the engineers via e-mail, because it helps them a lot to reproduce the problem and find a solution.

Regards.

• Nei1_C_C
    Options

There is no such subdirectory on my version

• Nei1_C_C
    Options

Device name HP LAPTOP

Processor AMD Ryzen 5 4500U with Radeon Graphics      2.38 GHz

Installed RAM 8.00 GB (7.36 GB usable)

System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Edition Windows 10 Home

Version 21H2

Installed on ‎18/‎08/‎2021

OS build 19044.1620

Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4170.0

• Nei1_C_C
    Options

All I see is this when running optimizer

• Gjoksi
    edited April 2022
    Options

Wrong description. Sorry, my bad.

Actually, the file named "supporttool" is located in this directory "C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender Security".

Just create the Support Tool log, send it to the support team and wait for their response.

• Scott
    edited April 2022
    Options

Hello :)

Maybe BD just isn't finding any issues? When it took care of the 15 I had, and I re-scanned, it correctly showed the Registry Cleanup and that option, but just no longer any issues as yours shows. Maybe you're fine, it may be a first that you have such a clean PC? Perhaps just let it go for a while, and see if anything comes up later after you've installed, and uninstalled some other software?

Otherwise, keep going with Support as you've been so kindly helped by Gjoksi79_ and maybe they will be able to confirm it :)

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

• Nei1_C_C
    Options

This has been this way for months but I was unsure why, with all the software updates these day it is impossible to stay clean for so long unless someone is manipulating things round the back or something is broken

• Nei1_C_C
    Options

Anyone care to give me the email address for the engineers?

• Scott
    Options

Yep, that makes sense then :) Let us know what support finds out for you :)

• Nei1_C_C
    Options

Thanks Scott

• Scott
    Options

You're welcome :) You'll also see the option to attach your log file.

• Nei1_C_C
    Options

The zip file is 5.26 Mb size but is rejected as too big what now?

• Nei1_C_C
    Nei1_C_C
    edited April 2022
    Options

How I hate these sort of hiccups, it should be an easy process to submit not purgatory it is 5.26MB only

• Scott
    Options

Maybe @Gjoksi79_ knows that one. I haven't submitted a log file in years.

• Gjoksi
    edited April 2022
    Options

@Nei1_C_C

it's very simple.

just submit the zip file the same way you submited the screenshots, meaning send them the zip file via e-mail.

Just reply to their automated reply e-mail, with an e-mail containing other screenshots and the zip file.

@Scott

That option is to attach only screenshots (jpg, jpeg or png).

The only way to attach and send the log (zip) file is by e-mail, after they ask you in email or right after the automated reply as a reply to the automated reply, i always do the second option.

• Nei1_C_C
    Options

That is what I am doing and it says the file exceeds the size limit, I have been doing this kind of thing for thirty years but it does not work for me

• Scott
    Options

Thank you for your help, Gjoksi79_ :)

• Nei1_C_C
    Options

Ah ok, frustration was setting in, thanks Gjoksi79_ I re-read your original email and saw that you replied to their support ticket email and second attempt it did work, so thanks for that

• Gjoksi
    Options

@Nei1_C_C

I'm glad you did it. All we can do now is to wait for the support team's response. Regards. :)

• Nei1_C_C
    Options

Well despite support telling me there was nothing wrong, another three months down the line and Optimizer is still not looking at the registry, this has to be an issue.

• Gjoksi
    Options

@Nei1_C_C

You are right. For me, sometimes it scans the registry, but sometimes it doesn't. But, i don't care if it scans the registry or not, since i use Glary Utilities PRO for that purpose.

Regards.

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    edited June 2022
    Options

You need to understand that every registry cleaner is built differenetly. You will not get the same results in every registry cleaner software.

If you want to play safe, registry cleaner in glary utilities & ccleaner is enough.

If you want to dig deep, registry cleaner in advanced system care & auslogics boost speed are the best.

That being said, below is the article by microsoft on registry cleaners

Always be cautious while using registry cleaner and microsoft does not recommend using any of the registry cleaning software on it's OS.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Nei1_C_C
    Options

Thanks for the replies, they do not however give me any confidence in the product. A function that has worked satisfactorily in previous years no longer even looks at the registry. Having worked in IT for nearly thirty years prior to retiring it is my opinion that something here is incorrect. I accept that many registry cleaners can be too aggressive, but I have been using them for almost twenty years so consider myself experienced enough to know what is and isn't correct. It seems odd that despite warnings from the MS article you posted you still use one yourself. Having been disappointed previously by CCleaner when it was preloaded with a virus by a disgruntled employee when the company was taken over, this was part of the very reason I was using bit defender.

• Hey, it's 2023.. any update to this? I'm having the same issue.

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    edited January 2023
    Options

Hi @TheAx08,

Can you share more details with us?

Bitdefender has 2 modules that are scanning the registry keys: The System/Quick Scan and the One Click scanner.

As the name suggests, OneClick is performing optimization tasks, whilst the System Scan is scanning for threats. If the OneClick optimization does not find any optimization for the Registry keys, then it means there are none.

However, more information is requried for diagnosis.

Regards

• Nei1_C_C
    Nei1_C_C
    edited January 2023
    Options

Hi there

I had nothing regarding oneclick optimizing the registry for many months until I upgraded to Win 11 and suddenly it was working again, I do not believe Alexandru_BD to be correct because I installed and uninstalled a number of programs during that time, also windows updates were frequent during that time hence there should have been traces of redundant keys, it was simply a case of the program appeared to not be even looking at the registry when it was run, but now it is. I am however mystified how my security password was removed on the program without my intervention.