Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

How can I turn off USB Immunizer Recommendation

Options

I use many USB flash drives for transferring new software versions to computers, running Utilities such as AOMEI Partition Assistant Technician Edition, data backup, etc. I do not want your USB Immunizer installed on any of these USB devices.

How can I turn off these USB Immunizer Recommendation popups so I don't have to cancel them 10 to 20 times a day.

Thanks for helping with this nuisance issue.

Best Answers

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello.

Open the Bitdefender app, then go to Settings -> General and switch off "Recommendation notifications".

Regards.

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @dagar7,

Try the following: go to Antivirus > Settings > disable Scan flash drives:

Then go to Vulnerability > Settings > toggle off Autoplay, as this displays a notification whenever you insert an USB from which you are trying to run something:

Let us know if this helps.

Best regards.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

Answers

• dagar7
    Options

Thank you. Just what I needed.

• dagar7
    Options

Turning off "Recommendation notifications" is not working. I am still getting the "USB Immunizer Recommendation" every time I insert a USB drive. I verified that the setting is still off as recommended by Gjoksi79. Any other ideas?

• dagar7
    Options

That solved my problem.

thanks

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hi @dagar7,

So the steps above solved it? So glad to hear that. I'm happy I could help.

Cheers.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Ditto for me; Bitdefender 2023 has a very different menu too.

• ChuckF
    Options

Bitdefender Free version wants to scan my F:\ drive (thumb drive) daily. For some reason, it reverts "Scan flash drives: 'Disabled'" back to 'Autoscan' upon restart. I've set 'Manage exceptions' to ignore scanning my F:\ drive, and that remains as a setting, but doesn't prevent the scanning.

I've also set 'Manage exceptions' for the F:\ drive under 'Advanced Threat Defense' but Bitdefender still wants to scan the drive. Am I missing a 'Save' button to activate, or is this feature only available under the paid version?

• garioch7
    garioch7 Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@ChuckF ,

Welcome to the Bitdefender Forums. This is a known bug that is under investigation. A fix is on the way.

Have a great day.

Regards,

Phil

Former Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor