Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Fire wall protection

Options

Hi,

I have zone alarm pro for my fire wall. It seems that it fights with my BD ver. 10 at times. I think ZA pro is pretty good, but is there better one out there? Can anyone recommend a "top notch" fire wall solution? I'm willing to spend a few bucks. Security is very important to me. My kids seem to download infected files on my computer on a regular basis. I hate spending the time claening my computer files. A really good firewall would help minimize this. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Comments

• vladx
    Options

Well as a FW i would choose Comodo Firewall wich is free, but if you want one simpler to use and very good protection choose Online Armor.

• Hi, ronnieboy. I would recommand you comodo too. If you want to see a bigger list of free firewalls, please visit this web-site.

Andrei

• khufu
    Options

You should also take a look here.

Also if you want a paid version of a FW: Outpost, Look`stop or Online Armor Firewall.

• Thanks everyone for these suggestions. Comodo looks excellent based on the leak test results and it's free. I tnink I will give it a try on one of my PC's. It just shows you that not everything has to cost you something to be good.

• Glad that we could help you! ;)

Andrei

• Unknown
    Options

Outpost Pro is one of the best, Don't look only at anti leak because they aren't 100% relevant. If I hex a bit a RAT is pretty easy to bypass all the AV's(almoust) but the injection will be seen very fast by a firewall, but it seems that today having an antivirus and a firewall isn't enought.

I have a suggestion for Bit Defender developers: to add some kind of detection of buffer overflows over already established apllications..lame example to search for NOPS :P

Also SHA-1 or SHA-512 checksums should be implemented. And Kernel level hooks should be improved..

• ejmuzz
    Options

So, what's wrong with the BD firewall and why would anyone wish to use an alternative?

• Unknown
    Options

If you want to get hacked just use BD firewall..is so lame that even a skiddie can crash it or bypass it..it just ######..believe me..