Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Win32.worm.sohanad.nbl

Options
mo29katz
edited October 2008 in Malware talk

Hi, I have bit defender anti-virus. I downloaded a file and I scanned it with BD, it came up as win32.worm.sohana(I can't remember the rest). So I deleted the file in BD, but it remained in the folder. Then I noticed task manager was disabled (by the virus), so I installed daphne task manager and ended the program, then I could delete the file, I also noticed I still couldn't access my folder and search options and task manager after I had deleted the file. Then I plugged in my flash to transfer something and Windows Explorer stopped working and wouldn't restart and then it froze. I pulled out the battery and restarted, after logging in, all that appears is a black screen with the mouse cursor. Pressing Ctrl Alt Del doesn't give me the option of opening task manager. A friend says its the explorer virus, which doesn't let explorer boot. I've tried system restore but it says there aren't any restore points, even though I know there are. I scanned my infected flash on another computer and ####### picked it up as W32/YahLover.worm.gen. But that isn't the same virus. I think the official name is Bitdefender: Win32.Worm.Sohanad.NBL. Could anyone please help me out because I need my laptop to study for exams this week??????????

Comments

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

What BitDefender version do you have ?

Please make a full scan in Safe Mode and post here the scan log.