Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Blocked Port Scan

Options
ejmuzz
edited June 2007 in General talk

I get pop-up messages telling me that a port-scan has been blocked. The problem is that an authorised computer on my home-network is the source of the scan. How do I allow the port-scan from an ok source to take place?

Also, why didn't the other computer get authorised by BD when the suite was first installed? Previous firewall progs have asked for the name of a network and have given the choice of allowing it or not. BD made no such request.

Comments

• ejmuzz
    Options

I don't need a reply as I've uninstalled the suite. I tried the suite after it received rave reviews on the topten software site, but they seem to be the only ones to rave about it. Someone replying on this forum informed me that a kid could hack the firewall. I'm not taking any chances.

The modules of an internet security suite should each be 95% effective and not a combination of mediocre to good. Back to the drawing board!

• hahaha

you must be joking??? and who is this "someone" exactly?

• alexcrist
    Options
    hahaha

you must be joking??? and who is this "someone" exactly?

I believe he was talking about nkr, which posted this reply: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?s=&...post&p=5088

• Niels
    Options

Other firewalls can also be disabled when using certain tools. If you don't visit harmfull websites than you are safe. But that is my opinion.

Regards

Niels

• alexcrist
    alexcrist
    edited June 2007
    Options
    Other firewalls can also be disabled when using certain tools. If you don't visit harmfull websites than you are safe. But that is my opinion.

That's my opinion also. BD Firewall is a fairly good firewall (and BDv11 Firewall will be a lot better).

@ejmuzz: it's very easy to say something. But you shouldn't believe everything you hear/read/etc... Without any solid proof, I really don't believe BD Firewall can be hacked that easy. ;)

Cris.

• Unknown
    edited June 2007
    Options

BD firewall can't be killed by anyone but a skilled "someone" can do it, just send some spoofed packets, also some malformed dns requests all this in parrallel and boom :D

• vladx
    edited June 2007
    Options

Of course if a pro hacker wants to attack you personally then no firewall can't stop him. ;)

But unless you work for a important company and have very important files in your computer, you don't have to worry.Most of the attacks are random and BD Firewall would protect you well. :D