Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Oh my gosh... the popups...

What on earth do i have to do to STOP THE POPUPS?! i've tried profiles, I've tried disabling everything... oh my gosh is it ever frustrating!!!! It's especially embarassing when they keep coming up during remote presentations, but the most frustrating thing is how i can't do anything in my current software until I close it. I work with a lot of graphics and CAD and it's always interrupting me in the middle of operations.

I'm so close to uninstalling it but I don't want to give up - is there any fix, at all? surely the software isn't designed this way on purpose, and everyone just puts up with it? I'm pulling my hair out, I figure there has to be something i've done wrong. Please help!!!

Comments

• I tried the profiles - they did not work at all.

This is the core of the problem - "REMEMBER: When a threat is detected, a pop-up notification will be displayed in the lower right corner of your screen and you can't disable those pop-up notifications."

The exact problem is these stupid popups!!!! I'm trusting bitdefender to block the attempts, i don't need to be notified of every single one! Log it, absolutely - maybe some day i will need to check a log, or bitdefender will. But this is like paying an assistant to look after your emails, and instead of never having to worry about your emails he tells you every time you get an email and asks how you want to respond. There's nothing I can do about these attempts so why do I need to know about them, and more importantly, why don't I have the option to shut them off?

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod

@spacecoyote In a way, you'll get no rebuttal from me. IMO, there are too many settings to be silenced to help not steal focus away from the task at hand, or during a presentation. Give me notifications in that section, and on the Widget and I'm good with that, but...Bitdefender at least wants us to know when something critical has been detected.

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

• Hi @spacecoyote,

If threats or vulnerabilities were found on your device, it might be necessary for you to take further action. Disabling such security notifications would be like hiding the dirt under the rug. This won't solve the actual problem. If you are getting the "threat detected" notification and it's stealing focus, click on it to see what triggers it. The technical engineers can also help, if necessary.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• If that's the final word on popups then I'm uninstalling BitDefender. There are far too many false positives and random so-called attempts at stealing information that i would never get anything done if I clicked on every popup. It's less like sweeping the dirt under the rug, and more like a spam filter. It's as though you want me to double check every message to be sure my spam filter is working, and that's really not the point of a spam filter is it?

• Hi,

Well, it's not a final word, but just a recommendation, as you came to us for help and we are happy to advise.

To begin with, you may follow the instructions quoted by @Scott in his comment above. Then, the next step would be to address this specific notification and find out what triggers it. Surely, if a detection exists, regardless if it's a false positive one, any serious antivirus should trigger a notification, if something is not right. To prove my point, try to uninstall Bitdefender, then install another antivirus and tell me what happens. Of course, I might be wrong here and maybe other providers don't have this specific detection that's happening on your end.

As for silencing notifications, this is not a solution when it comes to possible threats and apart from the complex technicalities involved, it would raise a serious security concern.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user