Recommendations In Dashboard In Bitdefender Antivirus Plus

GerryT
edited October 2022 in Install & Updates

The same recommendations keep appearing here each time I look at the Dashboard - File Shredder, Password Manager, etc. How can these be turned off so I don't have to keep seeing them each time I access Dashboard? I don't want to get these add ons. Thanks

Comments

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello.

That feature is called Autopilot.

"To offer you an effective operation and increased protection while carrying out different activities, Bitdefender Autopilot will act as your personal security advisor. Depending on the activity you perform, either you work, make online payments, watch movies, or play games Bitdefender Autopilot will come up with contextual recommendations based on your device usage and needs. The proposed recommendations may also be related to actions that you need to perform to keep your product working at its full capacity. To start using a suggested feature or make improvements into your product, click the corresponding button."

You can't disable or hide that feature and the recommendations you see in the program.

Regards.

• That's unfortunate. Seems odd, but thanks for the reply. I guess I will keep seeing them every time I access Bitdefender.

• In a future rev, users should have the ability to turn the Auto Pilot function off. One other option is to have a much smaller, briefer message that says something like, "We have x protection recommendations for you", where x is the number of current recommendations. Having a button/link to the right or below that message would allow users to see details about those recommendations. If the developers aren't willing to do that, they should at least consider moving the Auto Pilot section to the bottom of the section, below the other functions.

• garioch7
    garioch7 Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2023

@Thepipe ,

This topic is a year old. I happen to like your suggestion, but it may get missed here.

May I suggest that you post in the "Product Features and Ideation" Forum, where BD staff and developers are sure to see your idea?

Have a great day.

Regards,

Phil

PS: I see that you have already posted in another Forum here and have gotten the attention of the staff. Please disregard this reply.

Former Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor

• Thanks & HNY!