Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Will I Have To Uninstall BD Internet Security Before Upgrading From Win 8.1 to Win 10?

AlanCS
edited November 2022 in Install & Updates

Will I Have To Uninstall BD Internet Security Before Upgrading From Win 8.1 to Win 10?

Best Answers

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hello.

If you don't want to have any troubles with the installation and the activation of the Bitdefender program after upgrading from Window 8.1 to Windows 10, just follow the steps below.

First, you need to remove the device for which you wanna upgrade Windows from your Bitdefender Central account, by following these steps:

Then, you should uninstall the Bitdefender program from that device, by following these steps:

That's all.

After that, the device will be NOT listed in your Bitdefender Central account as a device using Bitdefender program.

Finally, you can now install the Bitdefender program on the same device, by following these steps:

If you follow the steps, i'm sure you will have no problems with the installation and the activation of the Bitdefender program on the same device.

Regards.

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    Answer ✓

Hello,

Normally, the Windows upgrade does not require a fresh re-install of Bitdefender. If you encounter any issues afterwards, you could repair the glitches by following this procedure:

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

Answers

• Hi

Thanks very much for your help. I hope to do the upgrade in a few days and I'll let you know how it went.

Kind regards