Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

BitDefender Antivirus 10

Options

I have recently noticed a problem with my bitdefender under the general tab it shows that my last update was in 2014. I am wondering how to fix this and if this could also be causing microsoft to show that my antivirus is out of date. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Comments

• lacombe
    Options

Since January, I've been using BitDefender's paid v10 anti-virus software and was happy until my automatic updates stopped working almost two weeks ago. I've contacted support over ten times since then and tried the few things they suggested -- all to no avail. They have been almost useless and now they do not even respond to my requests for help. Buy this product and you are on your own.

• Hi!

You can try to place your BD CD in your drive and then from Add/Remove Programs, at BitDefender choose Change -> Repair (or by Going to START -> Bitdefender 11 -> and choose Modigy, repair or uninstall).

Andrei

• Niels
    Options

Hello

Check also if your system date is correct. If what Andrei said fails. You can also download the updates manually and see if you see now the correct date: http://www.bitdefender.com/site/view/Deskt...ts-Updates.html

Here are the instructions how to install:

http://kb.bitdefender.com/KB28-en--Manuall...-daily.zip.html

Regards

Niels

• hamillp
    Options

Thanks for the replies. Unfortunately, I do not have a CD because I bought it online. When I go to updates--- settings--- the screen is just blank. Not sure what that is all about. I just downloaded the manual updates and installed the weekly update. That seems to have gotten rid of the microsoft red shield in the system tray indicating that bitdefender was not up to date but I still cannot get to the settings in up date. Very odd.

• hamillp
    Options

I now did the cumulative update and followed the instructions. Unfortunately, now in the general status tab it shows that he last update was 4-12-70. The date on my computer is current so I have no idea where it is coming up with this date.

• Niels
    Options

Hello

Than double click on the installer and choose for repair that is the same as when you have the cd-rom version. So also the year is correct? Because BitDefender uses the system date. Other possible causes for this behaviour are a low motherboard battery. Could you also try this go to start,run,at the run dialog box type cmd press enter after that type date and press enter. Check if the year and the date is correct if not type it and press enter to confirm. Check also if the date is also correct in the BIOS. To check that is immediately press on the del(ete) button or on the button that is displayed for going into the BIOS. If the date isn't correct there change and choose for save and exit. Otherwise you changes will not be saved.

Regards

Niels

• hamillp
    Options

I did the repair and that seems to have worked. Now it does not have a very old date in the update section. Thank you all for your help. I appreciate it.

• Glad that we could help you.

Andrei

• Niels
    Options

Also glad that we could help you.

Regards

Niels