Where To Go From Bitdefender BOX 2?

Mederic
edited November 2022 in Bitdefender Box

Hello all.

As Bitdefender discontinue the Bitdefender BOX 2, I'm wondering what solution I should look at as a replacement.

I'm a simple home user, but with a bunch of iot devices, some few computers, tablets, phones, consoles, NAS (2 actually).

I was looking at an opensense on a small appliance. But I'm afraid it will only act as a standard firewall (port, nat, qos, routes....) but nothing on the "behaviour" side of the connected devices.

Any advice would be appreciate.

Thanks

Médéric

Answers

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello.

As far as i know, your only option is to purchase NETGEAR Armor powered by Bitdefender:

But, wait for a reply from @Alexandru_BD or @Mike_BD, as they both work for Bitdefender and they might have some other offers for you.

Regards.

• Hello,

Indeed, the next best thing is NETGEAR Armor powered by Bitdefender. It's a natural evolution and a very high performance product.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

Additionally, if you are currently having bitdefender box 2 and want to renew your subscription you can do it for $99/year

Head over to below stated website

https://www.bitdefender.com/smart-home/

More information on renewal confirmation can be provided by @Alexandru_BD or @Mike_BD

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Yes, thank you @Flexx for mentioning this, I forgot to add that you can still renew your existing BOX subscription by clicking on the above link. Simply click on the "Renew Now" button.

Cheers

• Is there any chance Bitdefender will offer a discounted price on Bitdefender Box 2 renewal charge?

Every discount season I see mouth watering discounts on various Bitdefender subscriptions but never for Box 2 subscription. Are us Box 2 owners a captive nice little earner for Bitdefender or am I just jealous?

Best wishes

Stan Chelchowski, UK

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Hello @Stanchel,

We no longer have discounts for the BOX 2 subscription renewal, however, you may get in touch with the BOX sales team to negociate your renewal terms, in the event you are not satisfied with the current price and they may offer alternatives suited for your needs 🙂

You can contact them using the link below:

Regards

• jnq35
    jnq35
    edited December 2022

Hello I have question about service and softwares difference beetwin bitdefender box 2 service and netgear armor on orbi device.

Do we have bitedefender central with orbi device and all software of bitedefender ?

How to migrate from bitedefender box 2 to orbi device with netarmor and have exacly the same thing ?

bitedefender password ?

bitedefender vpn ?

bitedefender total security ?

How many installation with orbi device compare with bitedefender box ?

Is there tuto or special pages ?

Because my internet connection is now 1 Gbs. OK for bitedefender box 2. Bbut next year it will be 2 Gbs and next year 8 Gbs in ftth.

• Hello @jnq35,

I recommend this link for NETGEAR Armor FAQs and features:

In terms of account management, NETGEAR Armor powered by Bitdefender comes pre-installed on your NETGEAR router or mesh system. Simply activate it via the Orbi or Nighthawk app with a single tap.

Armor automatically updates and helps protect not only computers, but also mobile phones, smart TVs, door locks, and security cameras from being hacked.

NETGEAR Armor constantly checks for potential threats 24/7 and notifies you immediately. You can easily block suspicious devices on your network, analyze your security score, review your protection level, and get tips to keep your devices and sensitive data safe and helps ensure your Internet activity remains private.

For more information, you can also get in touch with the Support Teams using the link below:

Regards

• Thank for the link. Only one thing is missing bitedefender password manager. And the biggest difference is the price of an orbi mesh system !

• EPT
    EPT Ingenieur

I'm very desapointed, because it is impossible to modify Network configuration bitdefender BOX 2 :

• admin console is forbidden (Http:\\172.24.1.1)
    • Bitedfender Central via android smartphone is limited (message need to be connected to BITDEFENDER BOX wifi at the same time the smartphone si connected to this reseau , and none one any more)

so : paramterages impossible, et cela s'est produit apres une mis à jour silencieuse !

I think it is'nt a bug, but it is intentionnal command to force me to leaves this bitdefender box.