Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Email Virus - Bitdefender Stops Working

Options

I have a free pop3 email account at one of the free online providers. Last night I got a notice from BitDefender that it had detected and deleted a virus from an incoming message. I also got an email message from BitDefender stating that it had removed a virus. Sorry, the log has disappeared, so I do not have the name of the virus. I deleted the message and shut the machine off for the evening.

This morning, when I turned the computer on and logged on, BitDefender also did not load. I restarted in safe mode, and when I clicked on BitDefender, it loaded in the Task Bar, but after a period of time turned gray, and when I put the cursor on it, it said my subscription had expired. I actually have 500+ days left on the subscription. I downloaded the BitDefender removal program, removed and reinstalled the program.

I was able to log on to my user account normally, updated BitDefender, and ran a deep scan - no infections were identified.

I do not know if it is related, but I attempted to run Malwarebytes - and got a runtime error. I removed, reinstalled, updated, and ran it. No objects were infected.

Any ideas?

Comments

• u have the lastest updates installed and try runing these freware programs for any left over malware,(ad aware se) free edition,Yes butdefender hass a build in anti spyware but i found it to be not very good,do a manual scan in safe mode because bitdefender is not safe mode ready,