Greater granularity in Notifications information, especially port scans

I have searched for prior discussion on this, without any positive hits, but there are only 24 hours in each day...

The Port Scan Notification feature is certainly useful, but not nearly as useful as it would be if the notification included at least the target protocol/port.

I recently inserted a robust, full-featured firewall appliance in my network -- properly configured (I've been at this for a minute or two...), and I now see Port Scan Notifications originating from the new firewall appliance. I'd love to correlate this with the activity and flow log from my firewall, but alas, hard to do if I don't know what protocol/port was being "scanned".

I won't ask if it is possible for the developers to include the target protocol/port in Port Scan Notifications (because it is...), but does anyone know of any secret portal where BD stores this information, or if it even does? Is that level of information available anywhere within the BD framework?

Danke Sehr

1 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Hello @IFMTYEK,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us.

I have noted your recommendation and will forward your feedback to our development teams.

The product developers are currently working to improve not only the notifications mechanism, but also the information displayed, to provide more details, where possible. This is part of an ongoing review process for the notifications in Bitdefender, that aims to streamline the pop-up messages and warnings, especially the ones that are stealing focus, to further improve the manner in which the product communicates with the user.

As you've probably noticed, our members have previously requested more detailed firewall notifications in this thread here and changes will be made.

Your contributions and ideas are always welcome and please feel free to share with us any other suggestions that come to mind in the future. The product developers are always open to new ideas coming from our users and will always consider the concepts that have true potential of making it into production.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user