Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Internet Security 2009 Crash With Windowlive Messenger And Window Live Messenger Beta

Options

Everytime making a call or video call using messenger, the whole messenger will jammed. that problem occur after i install bitdefender..I have tried lot of ways try to fix this. but still no use.. I alr make sure the bitdefender firewall allow my messenger to function , reinstall messenger, reinstall bitdefender , close bitdefender firewall, close antivirus protection, close anti spam , all sort of ###### ways but stilll futile. Bitdefender internet security 2009 so lame, man.. can it be reputed as the top of antivirus software in year 2008??

Comments

• rootkit
    Options

What OS do you have ?

Vista or XP ?

• Window Xp. Any tips pls..thnks.

• It could be a problem related to Encryption. So please Switch Advanced View, got to the Encryption tab and disable for now the encryption for instant messaging software.

If this the cause of your crashes please come back with some screen-shots and version/s of MSN you are using so that we can resolve this problem.

• When I was still using BD AV 2009, I had problem with live messenger beta 9... Well not with that beta 9 but with messenger discovery. Everytime when I was signing in live messenger, messenger discovery felt down.. And this happens only with BD.

• Has anyone tried to disable the encryption yet? On my Win XP with latest MSN and no problems occurs even with the encryption on.

• Has anyone tried to disable the encryption yet? On my Win XP with latest MSN and no problems occurs even with the encryption on.

I tried to disable even i did others too but exactly this bug seems bd 2009's fault and disabling this feature will not solve the main problem. As i seen before and now bitdefender team dont want to fix this bug or they dont able to fix it!!! (bug firstly seen at august 2008) Thus this situation makes me and other bd 2009 users worried also the power of bitdefender trademark is began to decline.

Sorry

• I will see what the status of this bug is because no one here wants to ignore a bug, I can tell you that for sure. Please be patient for a couple of days and I'll give you the status on this one.

In the mean time please post as you encounter these errors again and also post the details:

BD version: Antivirus/Internet Security/Total Security

MSN version: 7/8/2009 Beta etc.

• I'm having the same type of problems like the TS, not only when I'm using the call or video chat option but also when WLM is on for some time it just crashes and I have to restart it again.

Here are my specs;

BD version: Anitvirus 2009 build 12.0.11

Windows Live Messenger 2008 build 8.5.1302.1018