Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Should I install this file? It says it's from Bitdefender SRL

Options
jivatts
edited July 2023 in Install & Updates

Hi guys, I'm a bit concerned about this installer file that keep trying to install itself on my computer.

It says it's a verified publisher: Bitdefender SRL.

But I don't know how to verify that this publishing name is legitimately connected to Bitdefender.

Furthermore, when I try to find the file on my computer based on the 'Program location' found in the image attached, I cannot find it.

Finally, Bitdefender is showing that it's up to date. Hence I'm concerned this is some kind of threat, which Bitdefender is not picking up on.

Would love some clarity on this. Preferably with links to verifiable/official evidence.

I'm running Bitdefender and Bitdefender VPN on a Microsoft Windows 11.

VPN is not running while this notification is occuring.

Note: the notification often pops up a second time after clicking 'no' the first time.

Thanks for any help you can give,

J

Answers

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello.

You should contact Bitdefender Consumer Support by chat, telephone or e-mail:

Chat is the fastest way to get in touch with Bitdefender Consumer Support.

NOTE: Bitdefender telephone support is not toll-free!

Also, @Alexandru_BD and @Mike_BD (they both work for Bitdefender) can take a look here and help you with the issue.

Regards.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @jivatts and welcome to the Community!

That is a legitimate Bitdefender file indeed, it's basically the installer that 'unpacks' the antivirus.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user