Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Are you happy to see Bitdefender icon on your desktop every time after restarting Windows?

Options
RomanVII
edited July 2023 in Install & Updates

The thing is that I find and move to trash Bitdefender icon every time after restarting Windows and that irritates me.

Are you happy to see Bitdefender icon on your desktop every time after restarting Windows? 4 votes

It's OK.
50% 2 votes
It's disgusting.
25% 1 vote
Just want to see results.
25% 1 vote

Comments

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod
    edited July 2023
    Options

Hi @RomanVII

This is the first time I've heard this mentioned, not wanting to see the icon. I love seeing that icon on my desktop :)

Besides, I use Fences, and with two quick mouse clicks all of my desktop icons disappear. It's a Windows right-click shortcut to hide desktop icons.

Regards,

Scott

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

• Hi @Scott

Thank you for your comment. I prefer arrange my desktop by myself and hold only certain icons there. Just imagine each app places its icon on desktop after Windows restart!

Best regards, Roman

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod
    edited July 2023
    Options

Hi @RomanVII

Yep, no problem, Roman, I get it :) That's partly why I use Fences, as it locks the icons in place after I've arranged and categorized them. But, when an app starts to re-populate on your desktop at every restart, I could see how that could get old.

You could try support and see if they have any ideas of a workaround for you :)

By the way, you were very kind and diplomatic with your reply, I may have been a bit cavalier with my original post?

Kind regards,

Scott

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

• ShriekTPE
    ShriekTPE Mr Shelley
    Options

I paid for it, why shouldn't it be there?

• garioch7
    garioch7 Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@ShriekTPE ,

Welcome to the Bitdefender (BD) Forums. I am not sure what this topic refers to. I have never had an issue with Bitdefender placing an icon on my desktop after a Windows restart. When I installed BD years ago, I deleted the desktop icon, and it has never reappeared. I have a BD icon in my Notification area (bottom right side of the screen) because I put it there, and I have the Security Widget turned on because I like it.

In fact, when BD removed the Security Widget in one of their past version upgrades, I joined the chorus of others who requested that it be restored.

Am I missing something?

Have a great day.

Regards,

Phil

Former Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor

• ShriekTPE
    ShriekTPE Mr Shelley
    Options

Hi Phil,

I've had a BD account for more years than I remember, having the icon on my desktop means I didn't have to go looking for it, I haven't been using my PC for some time and having to create a new account was a pain as I'd changed ISP and my email account had gone with the old account, I still don't have the BD icon but hopefully it will return shortly, it was much more straightforward it just being a part of my desktop, but it had gone from the apps in my list too, convince is more my interest rather than having to search for what I need.

• garioch7
    garioch7 Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@ShriekTPE ,

Thank you for your post.

. . . but it had gone from the apps in my list too . . .

Is Bitdefender installed on your computer, and if so, which product? If it is listed under Apps, you should be able to right-click it and "Open File Location." Once you have done that, you just need to right-click again, and a second time to "Show More Options" at the bottom of the drop-down list and "Send To" and "Create Desktop Shortcut."

If a Bitdefender product is installed, you should also be able to go to Settings and turn on the Security Widget.

I hope this helps. Have a great day.

Regards,

Phil

Former Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor