Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Automatic Update Disabled - Bitdefender Update Service Unavailable

Options

Hi everyone!

I am using Bitdefender 2008. Recently or rather today i bumped into this problem. A window notification shows that my system is out of date. When i checked it out, it shows me Bitdefender Update Service unavailable, tried googling, but can't find any suitable solution, thus i decided to try out this forum to see if any solution/help could be obtain.

Thanks in advance. Below is a screenshot of what's happening.

post-18814-1226157235_thumb.jpg

Comments

• Sm3K3R
    Sm3K3R ✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I am using Bitdefender 2008. Recently or rather today i bumped into this problem. A window notification shows that my system is out of date. When i checked it out, it shows me Bitdefender Update Service unavailable, tried googling, but can't find any suitable solution, thus i decided to try out this forum to see if any solution/help could be obtain.

Thanks in advance. Below is a screenshot of what's happening.

Reinstall BD and you should be fine.Before reinstalling uninstall/turn off any other security software.

Uninstall from Add/Remove ,restart,use BD Uninstall Tool,restart,reinstall/repair Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable,install BD and update it .

Good Luck!

• Reinstall BD and you should be fine.Before reinstalling uninstall/turn off any other security software.

Uninstall from Add/Remove ,restart,use BD Uninstall Tool,restart,reinstall/repair Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable,install BD and update it .

Good Luck!

Try going to remove/add programs and repair the program, after repairing, it's works normally.

Thanks for suggestion

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited November 2008
    Options

Upgrade to Bidefender 2009 :)

• Upgrade to Bidefender 2009 :)

bitdefender 2009 it's better? because previously i did a upgrade and it seems like it has some problems with my system. you guys experience any?