Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender update schedule?

Options

Hi there,

Recently I uninstalled Kaspersky Premium and I'm now testing other solutions. I'm currently trying Bitdefender Internet Security and I'm loving it.

I have a question about updates: does your BD update on a regular schedule at all? Like exactly every hour. Mine doesn't. I get updates every 3 to 6 hours, which seems weird since it's set to update very hour.

This is a fresh install of Windows 11 Pro with the "WinDebloatTools" ****** ran (only 'OptimizePrivacy', 'RemoveBloatwareApps', and 'RemoveXBox' were run), and 'O&O Shutup 10'.

On my previous install, Kaspersky just wouldn't automatically update. Later I discovered that it doesn't like when I set my Ethernet connection as Metered. Right now it's not as metered, so that can't by why Bitdefender isn't updating every hour.

So, how often does your Bitdefender client update?

Tagged:

Comments

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello.

In my Bitdefender Total Security (BTS) program, the Update check interval is set to 1 (one) hour. It means that the BTS program will check for updates every hour. But, it doesn't mean that updates will be downloaded, because sometimes happens that Bitdefender releases updates after 2 hours from the latest released updates, sometimes 3 hours or even more.

Also, open Bitdefender program, go to Utilities -> Profiles -> Settings and see if option "Activate profiles automatically" or any of the profiles (Work, Movie, Game, Public Wi-Fi or Battery Mode) is switched on / enabled.

When Work profile is enabled, update check interval is automatically set to 8 (eight) hours.

When Movie profile is enabled, update check interval is automatically set to 8 (eight) hours.

When Game profile is enabled, update check interval is automatically set to 12 (twelve) hours.

When Public Wi-Fi profile is enabled, update check interval is automatically set to 1 (one) hour.

When Battery Mode profile is enabled, update check interval is automatically set to 1 (one) hour.

So, if you want to set the update check interval in Settings -> Update -> Update check interval by yourself, first you must switch off the option "Activate profiles automatically" and/or any of the profiles (Work, Movie, Game, Public Wi-Fi or Battery Mode).

Regards.

• Hello @amarildojr and welcome to Bitdefender and the Community! 👋 We're happy to hear you like the product.

I've set my Total Security update interval at 24h and enabled the silent update option. And yes, the profiles can override the update and scan preferences.

Bitdefender needs to be updated daily, and it frequently updates its signatures multiple times within a day. However, when it comes to product updates that involve changing the version number, they occur less frequently, typically once every 4 weeks. These updates are important for improving product performance, adding new features, and enhancing security.

Enjoy your Bitdefender product and have a good time on our forum! 👍️

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• tann
    Options

Just to clarify the meaning of "update", there are few updates.

1. Product update (Bitdefender client agent software version) - is there a release cycle or release notes?
    2. Engine update (malware protection definition version) - this is daily or multiple times per day updates.
  • tann
    Options

Also, is there any published page that shows which product versions are available? How do we we know which version are the latest version?

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello,

Yes indeed, you may consult the article shared by @Gjoksi for the latest build version and the manual update guide.

In addition to this, the community was one of the first places to feature the release notes over the years and following our member's feedback, we have resumed this practice by opening the thread below:

The above thread is reserved for admin posting only, however there is an open discussion on product updates which reveals more insights behind the whole process and also contains some interesting user feedback:

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user