Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

BD IS 10.247 w/XP Yes w/Vista No

Options

I have a custom built ASUS A8N32-SLI / AMD X2 pc. It's a dual boot pc so the actual hardware is not the problem. It's 32-bit XP SP2 with all security updates and 32-bit Vista Home Premium with all updates in dual boot. XP installed in January with a little sw and no BD. In late Feburary installed Vista and BitDefender Internet Security v10 after successfully trying on both. Well not completely successfully on Vista, i.e. Microsoft updates, but I figured they straighten that out quickly (please see recent post that they have not).

I really like BDIS and it has almost never had a problem with XP. Started having more BSOD's as time went on in Vista as I added more software to each OS. The killer was April when I upgraded Photoshop to CS3. Both BD and True Image kept giving me BSOD's every time. After days narrowed it down to 1 Adobe help pdf file. Took that off and things were back to sometimes BSOD normal. Kept adding sw and updating BD in both OS'es. BD just kept giving more BSOD's during mainly Deep & Full & Rootkit Scans. (I know I should have resolved it right then. I kept spending time on the problem, but I wanted to use my computer after every few days of trying).

Today I finally had enough and did an image restore to pre-Photoshop CS3 upgrade. Got same problems. Had Spysweeper installed in both OS'es but not running during scans. BD works fine with that in XP, but not Vista. Uninstalled Spysweeper from Vista and could now do Deep & Full Scans. However, Rootkit Scans still give me BSOD's everytime at the very end of the last disk scanned. Have just a few files in a few folders so I have not been able to narrow it down yet.

Can anybody tell me how to get BDIS working completely with Vista?

Thanks.

Comments

• Does EVERYBODY else that uses IS v10 with Vista have no problems with BSOD's?