Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Outbreak Detection

Options

You might think it is a silly question.

When I go to Advanced tab I see the " Enable Bitdefender Outbreak Detection" box.

What that means?

I have it enabled.

Comments

• Thanks but I didn't understood.Does it need to be enabled?

• alexcrist
    alexcrist
    edited November 2008
    Options

crysty, the link you provided doesn't offer information on what that module does. It's simply an article notifying the users about the introduction of this module (which happened on v9). ;)

The BitDefender Outbreak Detection, as it says in the Help file:

BitDefender Outbreak Detection - sends to the BitDefender Labs reports regarding potential virus-outbreaks.

The reports will contain no confidential data, such as your name, IP address or others, and will not be used for commercial purposes. The information supplied will contain only the potential virus and will be used solely to detect new viruses

In simple words, when the same behavior appears on multiple systems which have BitDefender installed, that action is considered somehow suspect, and BitDefender analysts will study the situation in order to determine if that behavior is malware-based or if it's legit.

Basically, it's just another way to catch unknown, new malware. :)

Does it have to be enabled? It's your choice.

Cris.

• Ok now I understood.I think its better to be enabled.Thanks to all ^_^