Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Vulnerability Bug

Options
deniz
deniz Mr
edited November 2023 in Install & Updates

Hello,

I'm using Bitdefender Internet Security, and the software warns me of a Vulnerability Risk. After that, I checked my Windows Update, but there was nothing, so I ignored the Bitdefender notification. When I find out there is no vulnerability risk on my Windows Updates, I'm doing a Vulnerability Scan on Bitdefender software, and it also can't find anything.

I also have reached out to customer support on chat, and they said "It is a Windows Defender update known for having trouble being automatically installed. You can ignore the warning or update it manually. No, it is on Windows. Bitdefender has nothing to do with the Windows updates, it just found a missing security Windows update."

I think this is a bug and needs to be fixed. I'm uncomfortable getting these notifications because it makes me anxious.

Thanks,

Comments

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    edited November 2023
    Options

Hello @deniz,

I've asked my colleagues from the Support teams to return to the ticket with more information and possible solutions, since it appears that your question was not answered entirely. Kindly wait for the engineers to respond.

Thank you for your patience and for joining us here.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• deniz
    Options

Hi,

This thread still has no update on this matter.

I hope a person from Bitdefender will check this matter as soon as possible. And reply with a reasonable fix for the situation.

Thanks,

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @deniz,

Please tell me if you have received the latest reply from the Bitdefender Support teams dated Saturday, 25th November 2023? Because this is the last recorded activity on your open ticket.

Since you mentioned that adding the files as an exception did not work, the Support engineers asked you to send them a sample of the detected files, so that the Malware Research team can further investigate this matter. We can't really post an update on this thread without knowing what's going on there and to find out, more information is required, as per the engineers' response.

In order to send them the files, you were required to add them to a password-protected archive, since this is the safest way to handle potentially malicious files. The below guide explains how to do this:

Furthermore, kindly check their response send to you, as it contains the link where you can upload the generated archive.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user