Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Can't Run Scan

Options

I get this error when trying to run a quick or deep scan, I down loaded a a dvd copy program for cnet, and it locked up my computer on the reboot. I did a system restore to 4 days ago. seems to be working fine, but I was checking the system to make sure something wasn't hidden some were and noticed I can't scan, that seems a little suspicious. any help?

Answers

• Liobet
    Liobet ✭✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Options

Hi Zinhozer,

Welcome on the forum !

According to what you write above, I am afraid you have been infected. I am not sure a system restore could get rid of the malwares.

I let you get help there, follow @Flexx 's process, to send logs to Bitdefender support:

They will analyze it and tell you if anything went wrong. Read @Alexandru_BD's report.

The support team will reply back to your query within next 24-48 hours excluding weekends.

Regards

L.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core Processor3.40 GHz 32,0 Go [ Bitdefender Internet Security + VPN]

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello.

The notification doesn't mean that your computer is infected. It could be some error/bug in the program.

First, if you wanna be sure that your computer is not infected, you could scan (and disinfect, if needed) your computer with Bitdefender Rescue Environment:

Next, i would suggest you to do the steps below.

-- STEP 1 --

Repair Bitdefender, by following these steps:

-- STEP 2 --

If the instructions from Step 1 didn't help, uninstall the Bitdefender program using the Uninstall Tool:

It will completely remove the program.

Next, reinstall Bitdefender from your Bitdefender Central account and see if the issue has been solved, as reinstalling the program usually solves the issues.

-- STEP 3 --

If the instructions from Step 2 didn't help, follow the instructions in this step.

First, take screenshot(s) of the issue

and create a log file on your Windows device using Bitdefender Support Tool, by following these steps:

Next, contact Bitdefender Consumer Support by e-mail:

with short description of the issue.

After that, you will get an automated reply by the Bitdefender Customer Care Team, with your ticket number.

Now, in reply to that automated reply, you can send the screenshot(s) you already took and the log file you already created in the first step.

Since you are all done, just wait for the support engineers to investigate your issue and find a solution to fix the issue.

Remember that the screenshot(s) and the log file will help a lot to the support engineers for better and faster investigation on your issue and finding a solution.

NOTE: If the log file is larger than 25MB, you can upload the log file here:

After the upload is done, you will get a notification with the file's URL and then you can share the file's URL with the Bitdefender Consumer Support.

Finally, you could contact Bitdefender Consumer Support by chat, which is the fastest way to get in touch with Bitdefender Consumer Support:

Select: How to's & Troubleshooting Bitdefender products -> Troubleshooting -> Bitdefender Total Security, click on Contact Support in the black box and then click on Chat 24/7.

Regards.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hi,

Does the PC meet the recommended system requirements for Bitdefender to run properly? Check for any other security solutions present on the device and uninstall them. Then restart Windows and try running another scan to see if the issue is resolved. If you notice that the scan always crashes at the same point (such as scanning a particular file/folder), run a contextual scan on that folder and tell us if the scan still crashes.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Uninstall and reinstall of program seemed to fix the not able to scan issue I want to thank you for taking the time to walk me though it.. Doing a full deep scan now.