Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Activity Kills Firefox? (with Screen Shot)

Options
Seiorai
edited November 2008 in General talk

My Bitdefender Internet security 2009 just received a particularity large update, which also contained the "System Bar" (until now my version had no Activity Scan Bar).

Since that update Firefox has been crashing apparently for no reason, out of the blue, even when there was no activity on the PC.

Then, I noticed that some of the crashes took place just after BD updated, or when I scanned a file for viruses, etc.

I cleared my FF's Error Console, and when it crashed again, here is what it gave me (notice the error right on top, "failed to load antiphishing Bitdefender component)

Any help, please?

Firefoxerror.jpg

Comments

• Sm3K3R
    Sm3K3R ✭✭✭
    Options
    My Bitdefender Internet security 2009 just received a particularity large update, which also contained the "System Bar" (until now my version had no Activity Scan Bar).

Since that update Firefox has been crashing apparently for no reason, out of the blue, even when there was no activity on the PC.

Then, I noticed that some of the crashes took place just after BD updated, or when I scanned a file for viruses, etc.

I cleared my FF's Error Console, and when it crashed again, here is what it gave me (notice the error right on top, "failed to load antiphishing Bitdefender component)

Any help, please?

Firefoxerror.jpg

What Firefox version are you using?

If you disable the Antiphising module from within the interface ,do you still have crashes?

Have you tryed reinstalling Firefox?

• I'm using 2.0.0.17. And yes, I already deactivated the Antiphishing for Mozilla Firefox, and hid the bd toolbar in FF. Antiphishing still activated for IE/Messenger though.

No, I haven't tried re-installing, was hoping it would be a common error.

• Sm3K3R
    Sm3K3R ✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm using 2.0.0.17. And yes, I already deactivated the Antiphishing for Mozilla Firefox, and hid the bd toolbar in FF. Antiphishing still activated for IE/Messenger though.

No, I haven't tried re-installing, was hoping it would be a common error.

Using Firefox 3 instead can be a solution, it works for me :D

• Okay, I will try that then, thanks ^_^

• rootkit
    Options
    Okay, I will try that then, thanks ^_^

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Internet/Brow...fox-Final.shtml

3.0.x (now is 3.0.3) :)

Do not download the beta :)