Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

What Is Going On?

Options

I am currently running the trial on 2 computers. Today BitDefender has updated 10 times on both pcs and has asked to reboot every time! The 24/7 customer service line is busy!

2 days ago I decided to remove BitDefender Antivirus 2009 from my XP machine and I wanted to be thorough about it, so I go looking on the site for a removal tool to fully un-install it. So I go here

http://kb.bitdefender.com/KB333-en--How-to...itDefender.html

and download this

http://www.bitdefender.com/files/Knowledge...nstall_Tool.exe

After it's done it asks me to reboot, so I do.

When my system comes back up I get all kinds of messages and some familiar looking rogue antivirus apps that I have seen before (Rapid Antivirus, Total Security 2009) and about 20 trojans and other assorted viruses. I had to use another companies rescue cd to remove all the crud!

Oh and one other thing! Now BitDefender Antiphishing Toolbar 2.0 add-on for Firefox 3.03 causes DEP under Vista to shut down my browser!

Comments

• I'm also getting the constant update and reboot required. I just turned the automatic update off, but ever since the update my Firefox browser is always crashing on me! I never had this problem before. Btw, I turned off the antiphishing protection off thinking it might get rid of the browser crashing but that doesn't help. I even uninstalled Firefox and re-installed...still no go! YOU GUYS NEED TO FIX THIS ASAP!!

Btw, I'm running Vista Pro x64.

• I'm also getting the constant update and reboot required. I just turned the automatic update off, but ever since the update my Firefox browser is always crashing on me! I never had this problem before. Btw, I turned off the antiphishing protection off thinking it might get rid of the browser crashing but that doesn't help. I even uninstalled Firefox and re-installed...still no go! YOU GUYS NEED TO FIX THIS ASAP!!

Btw, I'm running Vista Pro x64.

I'm running x64 pro also and disabling the anti phishing 2.0 worked on both of my machines for that...I'm using Firefox now....

Me thinks BD was hacked...site/dats...everything!

• I'm running x64 pro also and disabling the anti phishing 2.0 worked on both of my machines for that...I'm using Firefox now....

Me thinks BD was hacked...site/dats...everything!

I sure hope that's not the case!

As I mentioned in my previous post, I disabled the anti-phishing protection found under the software settings, but I still get the crashes. Is there a way to get rid of the anti-phishing toolbar found in Firefox?

• I sure hope that's not the case!

As I mentioned in my previous post, I disabled the anti-phishing protection found under the software settings, but I still get the crashes. Is there a way to get rid of the anti-phishing toolbar found in Firefox?

You need to disable it under Firefox...Tools....Add-ons..Extensions

• You need to disable it under Firefox...Tools....Add-ons..Extensions

Yes, that did the trick! Thanks Mobious! Funny how I never thought to look there. :wacko:

• Mobious
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Yes, that did the trick! Thanks Mobious! Funny how I never thought to look there. :wacko:

Yeah...DEP under vista dosen't like it now! And there is no way to add Firefox to DEP exceptions..which is insane!!!

1-888-868-1873 is still busy!!!!! 3hrs now I have been trying to call......

• Mobious
    edited November 2008
    Options

What are these people doing?

bnr_support_09.jpg

Still busy!!! 24/7? ok

• I just uninstalled bitDefender. I was having the same problems with firefox. This isn't the first time weird problems like this have happened, and it's getting to be less hassle dealing with viruses. I'm done with this until these people get there app in line.

• I just uninstalled bitDefender. I was having the same problems with firefox. This isn't the first time weird problems like this have happened, and it's getting to be less hassle dealing with viruses. I'm done with this until these people get there app in line.

I think I'm going to do the same.....I was thinking about buying it. I finally got through to tech support and spoke with Andreea Zamfirescu

(BitDefender Technical Support Engineer) I could hardly understand her on the phone because her accent was very thick, some sort of broken english. She sent me an email to go here

http://kb.bitdefender.com/KB389-en--Asking...assistance.html

I have http://kb.bitdefender.com marked as untrusted due to my experience with the packed trojans and viruses in the un-install tool.

This is a freaking retarded nightmare!

Bye Bye BD.....Hello Kaspersky Lab yeah yeah I know [Removed]

• I had the same problem, so I uninstalled BD IS 2009. ######, I'm paying for this product and this is really not how I imagined this to be. Well, if someone finds a solution other than disabling that anti-phishing filter, please post it here.

• I had the same problem, so I uninstalled BD IS 2009. ######, I'm paying for this product and this is really not how I imagined this to be. Well, if someone finds a solution other than disabling that anti-phishing filter, please post it here.

Yes, I paid too, because 2008 was good and the reviews said 2009 was still excellent.

They lied.

Computer now "sort of" running with Windows Firewall and with most of Bitdebender turned off.

Refunds? Maybe talk to VISA about not paying for misrepresented product - fix better come soon.