Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

BD Antivirus Free with Microsoft Defender?

Options

Hello.

Short question: Will this work/is it meant to work in addition to Microsoft Defender or instead of?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Comments

• Nunzio77
    Nunzio77 Defender of the month mod
    Options

HI!

When BD Free is installed and active, Windows Defender should be deactivated for the real time AV part. You could only possibly run on-demand scans whenever you want. The Windows firewall remains active.

Nunzio ·

Bitdefender Plus, Windows 10 Pro-32 Bit, CPU Intel Core2 Duo T7500, RAM 4 Gb - Bitdefender Mobile Security

• Boing738
    Options

@Nunzio77

Thanks for your reply.

I was thinking about the opposite. 😉

Would it be possible to leave the real time AV protection to Windows Defender and do manual scans with Defender and BD Free? Or in other words to have Defender with all parts fully enabled and to use BD Free only for manual on demand scans?

Kind regards.

• Nunzio77
    Nunzio77 Defender of the month mod
    Options

No this is not possible. However, I advise you to have Bitdefender Free always active with real time protection and Windows Defender, if you want you can do a full scan every now and then. 

Bitdefender Free in terms of protection, in my opinion, is better than Windows Defender. 

Furthermore, in my opinion, instead of doing scans with Windows Defender you could occasionally run second opinion scans with Sophos Hitman Pro and Norton Power Eraser which you can easily run both from a USB stick without installing anything. 

This way you will have more than enough protection. 😉

Nunzio ·

Bitdefender Plus, Windows 10 Pro-32 Bit, CPU Intel Core2 Duo T7500, RAM 4 Gb - Bitdefender Mobile Security