Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Say's I Have A Virus But Give No Virus Name Or Location

Options

Bit defender 2009 total security keeps on giving me this pop up that i have a virus but gives no real virus name just says "Virus" is blocked from affect your computer and gives no location of the virus

156z695.jpg

Comments

• I had the same thing happen this evening as I was updating to the latest version of Firefox.

I waited a few minutes and tried the update again and it was fine.

Weird :blink:

• Same here, I am running a full scan but haven't found anything yet. Will give a shot to the Eset online scanner. Maybe the update had a bug will see tonight when I get home if it is fixed. [using Vista Home Premium 32 bits and Bitdefender Antivirus 2009] Let me know if you have a solution.

post-19060-1226594627_thumb.jpg

• Please try to update again as there has been some modification to the scanning engines that should be available by this hour.

If you still encounter those errors please post again so that we can track these errors down.

• boismenu
    edited November 2008
    Options

I just run update, it updated something (don't know if it was only virus signatures, etc or program as well) and I still receive the virus warning with unknown virus name and unknown location.

post-18105-1226633387_thumb.jpg

I think is triggered by Firefox as I never see it until I start Firefox. I disable BD antipishing toolbar but no change.

I have Internet Security 2009 running on Vista 32bits, and BD engine version 7.28155.

Any news about this issue?

Thank you.

• FYI, I just updated firefox to version 3.0.4 and the message seems to have disappeared, interesting...

• alexcrist
    Options

Please continue the discussion here: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=8562

Cris.

==CLOSED==

This discussion has been closed.