Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Disabled by WIndows Updates

Options
PanKEP
PanKEP Mr MSc BSc(hons)

I'm new to Bitdefender. My laptop has just installed a Windows 11 update and restarted. Following the update, Windows Security was happily reporting no issues, but looking in more detail I found there was no anti-virus protection or web protection running. Bitdefender had been disabled and I had to logon to restart it. My previous anti-virus application (TotalAV) was similarly affected, although to a worse level (it needed a re-install each time - so I binned it after just 4 days and started with Bitdefender). I get the impression that WIndows, specifically Microsoft Defender is fighting against other anti-virus software, particularly during an update. Do other people have similar experiences, and is there anyway of ensuring that Bitdefender is not turned off by a Windows update?

As an aside: my laptop has also become much slower to boot-up since I upgraded from WIndows 10 to 11 which I am now putting down to a 'war' between Microsoft Defender and any other installed anti-virus applications.

Answers

• garioch7
    garioch7 Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@PanKEP ,

Welcome to the Bitdefender Forums. If Bitdefender is installed, it should automatically turn off Windows Defender.

Which Bitdefender product are you using?

A repair installation may help.

Please keep us posted. Have a great day.

Regards,

Phil

Former Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor

• PanKEP
    PanKEP Mr MSc BSc(hons)
    Options

Thanks Phil,

I'll try that out and see what happens when WIndows next updates. Will let you know.

Regards

Keith

• garioch7
    garioch7 Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@PanKEP ,

Good luck. Have a great day.

Regards,

Phil

Former Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor