Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Serious Crashing Problem Of The New Bitdefender Ss Under Vista, On Vaio And Mainly During Utorrent E

Options

hi,

last year a used bitdefender internet security '08 on my laptop (a sony vaio vgn ar520e), with vista installed. i had no problems at all during execution of all kind of programs (including utorrent which sometimes run all nights as well).

like 2 mounth ago when my subscription to the previous security softare expired i renewed to another year and so i installed the version 2009 of the suite.

first i didn't notice any strange, but then i discovered that my laptop dies a little bit more than usual (that is never before) and when using uTorrent dies regulary (sometimes after 5 min, but sometimes only after 20 minute). anyway when using uTorrent i knew for sure that the machine will stop responding after a specific time. and on this i mean a total froze, all the windows, mouse pointer stops at its location and only - i say only - a restart helped. If i started the utorrent again then the same problem over again. On the Windows Log no entry registered.

I started to think i have some kind of hardware failure, i tested throuroughly the memory, the hard drives but nothing wrong. i thought it was some kind of temperature problem but the sensors didn't indicated any problem on this as well.

I begun to suspect the worst: a battery problem.

it took me some time to think again, figure out and so tried to uninstall the bitdefender and voila all my crashing problems disappeared at a glance, i can use the uTorrent all night without worrying on a crash again.

i feel very disappointed becouse i have an almost one yearly supscription left and i can't use the product becouse of this.

note: if the developpers will be informed about this, then it would be helpful if i say: i suspect the machine-crash comes when one of that PortScan Blocked dialog pops up (and that comes mostly with P2P programs). i didn't tried to disable the notification but i don't think the problem comes from the pop up fact.